WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: nmap - error while loading shared libraries: libblas.so.3gf  (Read 7087 times)

Offline netnomad

nmap - error while loading shared libraries: libblas.so.3gf
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:02 AM »
hi friends,

i tried to importsce -s nmap and during the merge-process
libblas3_1.2.20110419-5_i386.deb and libblas3gf_1.2.20110419-5_all.deb are loaded,
but nevertheless following error message appears, when i start nmap:
nmap: error while loading shared libraries: libblas.so.3gf: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

thank you for all hints and help.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: nmap - error while loading shared libraries: libblas.so.3gf
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »
Thanks for pointing it out.  Fixed libblas3 and libblas3gf and tested with the A10 port.  Nmap should be working on a fresh import, make sure no old versions of those two libraries are in other sce's that are being loaded before nmap.

Offline netnomad

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
hi jason w,

great job!

something is very important:
"make sure no old versions of those libraries are in other sce's that are being loaded before"

thank you for your help.

Offline thane

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
OT, but I have a more general question. I was under the impression that sce packaging provides all the dependencies for an app in the sce, and that apps will not reference dependencies outside of their own sce. Is that not so?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:32:31 PM »
sce's contain all their dependencies, but if a startup script of a package has already been loaded via another sce, then loading an sce that contains that same package will not re-run that script.  And there really should not be different versions of libraries as part of different sce's, hence the use of Debian stable.

Let's pretend that both emelfm2.sce and mydesktop.sce both contain the dbus package.  If you load emelfm2.sce, then dbus will be installed and it's startup script run.  When you later load mydesktop.sce, the startup script of dbus is not run again since it has already been done as part of emelfm2.  And if mydesktop.sce contains a newer importing of dbus with a newer and corrected startup script, it will not be run on loading.

This is why I generally use a large sce with all my favorite apps contained in it via a file list.  It takes some time when needing to re-import it, but the debs are already downloaded and all it requires is just time and some cpu cycles.  It is not often that a low level library has to be fixed and then require the re-importing of existing stuff, but it sometimes happens.