WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Mplayer(s) in 5.x  (Read 6934 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Mplayer(s) in 5.x
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 02:07:11 AM »
One thing I want to ask, would Bluray support in MPlayer be desirable?

Last I checked, the encryption made most Blu-rays unplayable without using closed-source software in addition. If this is still the case, it may not be of much use.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline nitram

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 02:36:51 AM »
Presumably we are now talking media players for TC6 :)

Currently MPlayer is what became my favorite. I have rebuilt MPlayer for myself with some added features as the version in the repo is kind of too limited for me. I should probably rebuild it against the recently updated deps and submit an extension (I was hesitating because reliable video playback is kind of crucial to me). SMplayer is also, while not perfext, a nice frontend for MPlayer (I'd submit that too).
I've been privileged to use your MPlayer/SMPlayer build for some time in TC6 x86. Trying to save you work, query no rebuild required. It runs well with TC6's dependencies, exception requiring the old TC5 libcdio. Juanito recently built libcdio paranoia i believe, not expert enough to determine whether this might replace the old libcdio. I can test once the new extension is posted, not yet in the repository. If so, you would not likely need to rebuild, unless you wanted to of course.

A reliable media player could be an important aspect for a Linux "distro" ("What can I do with Core?")
...After witnessing the power and possibilities of free software booting off of a USB stick, which can be used for a lot of everyday-tasks (video, audio, web, (+ more advanced stuff)), who can resist(?).
Blown away when first started using Misalf's SMPlayer on an 800MHz P4. Despite limited hardware, amazing video playback and sound. Does not compare to any other media player ever used and certainly helps extend the life of old hardware. Gordon64's version of VLC is pretty good, but don't think he's around any longer to maintain it. Thanks for offering your expertise Misalf!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 03:53:52 AM »
recently built libcdio paranoia i believe, not expert enough to determine whether this might replace the old libcdio.

libcdio-paranoia was posted, but I guess it didn't make it to the mirrors before the server failed again.

libcdio-paranoia does not replace libcdio, but it has libcdio as a dep. I also modified libcdio -> libcdio-paranoia in the mpd-minimal dep file.

Offline pq5190362

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 01:02:16 AM »
mpv extension built for tc-6.x x86_64

I'll post it when the repo comes up again.

Repo is up again.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
re-posted