WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Install help requested for EVGA motherboard sr-2  (Read 3722 times)

Offline apaseall

Install help requested for EVGA motherboard sr-2
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »
Hi, I am having a problem trying to install tc/coreplus on my evga sr-2 motherboard.
here is a link to the evga sr-2 forum where I started to request help.
It contains what I have tried todo, the bios settings, boot options and error messages.
Any help would be most appreciated.
http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2028560
Thanks, Neil

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Install help requested for EVGA motherboard sr-2
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »
From your posts on the other forum, your CorePlus installation seems to be working - various hardware error messages on boot are not that unusual, especially if you use bios rather than uefi to boot.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:47:50 AM »
Yes, you seem to have two hw bugs: your IOMMU bios causing the "dmar" warning, and your SATA chip not working with the link training.

I suggest you use the settings that let you boot and ignore the dmar warning. Can't help with Ubuntu not working.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline apaseall

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »
 :D thank you for the replies. I was wondering if there were any boot time options that would remove/help with the hardware errors?
ie maybe disabling hotplug ability or adding an extra item like forcing support that normally would not be present.
I am trying to nail down what the hardware errors are. If I can make them go away {lol} by doing something none standard, then I will have hit the nail on the head.
Hope you follow my thinking on this.