General TC > Remasters / Remixes - Unofficial

mydata.tgz in /cde on CD

(1/1)

jeastham:

Hi all,

I'm a relative noob to TC; so forgive me if the following question appears daft..........

Is it possible to have "mydata.tgz" in the "/cde" directory; such that the contents will get unpacked, and overlayed ?

Basically; I'm looking to make a utility CD, that I can carry around in my wallet - I'm using BizCard CD-Rs. The idea being, when I'm on-call, and I'm called out; I can pop my utility CD in a friend's Windows PC, and boot up into Tiny-Core, and use vpnc to establish a VPN connection, and connect to servers at work.

I've tried including my "mydata.tgz" in the /cde directory, and creating a new ISO; but the contents of mydata.tgz never get unpacked

Advice welcome

Thanks in advance

tinypoodle:
You should be able to specify path to backup in boot loader config with option "restore=".

ixbrian:
You can check out ezremaster as well.  It is included in CorePlus, and allows you to easily create remasters with your mydata.tgz backup included. 

jeastham:

--- Quote from: tinypoodle on September 13, 2013, 10:19:45 AM ---You should be able to specify path to backup in boot loader config with option "restore=".

--- End quote ---

Okay.....so would it be :

restore=/cde
or
restore=cde

.....and do I need to include the mydata.tgz ?

Thanks in advance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version