WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Core randomly hangs's up  (Read 3463 times)

Offline chicany

Core randomly hangs's up
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »
Hello guys,
I'm afraid I need your help. I run Core 4.7.7 installed on Qemu image. Core is remastering to send output to the serial port.  I use the following command to start Core Qemu image with Qemu 1.6.0

/usr/local/bin/qemu-system-i386  -hda ./linux-core-4.7.7.img -serial telnet:0.0.0.0:3000,server,nowait -enable-kvm

I use telnet to connect to the Core.

telnet localhost 3000

My Core installation hangs up from time to time with the following messages that appear in telnet session.

devadm settle - timeout of 5 seconds reached, the event queue contains:
  /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3 (923)
  /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3/mouse0 (924)
  /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3/event3 (925)

There is also following error message presented in Qemu window together with login prompt. But I cannot type any password.

-sh can't access tty: job control turned off.

I can get rid of the messages below when I add parameter -no-acpi to the start command.

/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3 (923)
  /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3/event3 (925)

But still this error messages is presented and causes Core hangs up.

/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3/mouse0 (924)

When the error message is presented before login, it is not possible to connect to the Core (either using  Qemu windows or telnet session). But when I'm connected to the Core  and message appears, It doesn't prevent me to continue in my work.

So far I've tested Cores from 4.1 to 4.7 with the same result.  I haven't notice the problem on Microcore 3.8.2 with the same version Qemu 1.6.0. The same result when kvm is not used. Configuration of /etc/inittab and /etc/securetty is attached.

Is it any way how to disable a mouse or change /etc/inittab to get of rid this problem? Thank you.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Core randomly hangs's up
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:00:01 AM »
Hi chicany
Is it any way how to disable a mouse ...
You could try adding a boot code. From:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
i8042.noaux   [HW] Don't check for auxiliary (== mouse) port

Offline chicany

Re: Core randomly hangs's up
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »
Rich,
thank your for your help. I added parameter i8042.noaux to the /mnt/sda1/boot/grub/menu.lst but  Core kept hanging up randomly. So I recompiled kernel without mouse support. That time message /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input3/mouse0 (924) didn't appear but Core hanged up anyway.
I solved my problem remastering Core, editing /etc/inittab and changing the line

tty1 ::respawn:/sbin/getty -nl /sbin/autologin 38400 ttyS0
ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty -nl /sbin/autologin 9600 ttyS0

to

tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty  38400 tty1
ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty 9600 ttyS0

In this case, Core doesn't hang. It is ok for me asi I can live without autologin.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:27:21 PM by chicany »