WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: dCore 5.0-rc1 released  (Read 26290 times)

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: dCore 5.0-rc1 released
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »
On x86 dCore tcWbar incudes the wbar binary. So no need for the extra import.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline uggla

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »
Load the wireless mega extension you made and do this command if the name of the sce is "wireless":

find /tmp/tcloop/wireless > /home/tc/filelist

Then attach that filelist file with your next post.

Also, what is the output of the "version" command?  Just to be sure.
Here's the filelist. Version shows 5.0-rc1

Offline uggla

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
On x86 dCore tcWbar incudes the wbar binary. So no need for the extra import.
So what is included in tcWbar that isn't in wbar? I've been using dcore with xorg and wbar and not tcWbar, it seems to work fine.

Offline beroje

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
uggla, I see it is simple with the firmware-iwlwifi package, it is not in main but in non-free, so it does not exist as a package and is not imported.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
beroje, sceupdatecheck will be deprecated as premade packages are going to be imported like the others.

But there is an importupdatecheck that can be imported the will check sce's that were imported with the "import -s" option.  It simply tells a user which packages inside an sce have available updates whether they are Debian packages or custom Tinycore ones.

Import a package:

import -s firefox

Then at a later time, check it with:

importupdatecheck firefox

It will tell you of any packages contained in it that have newer versions.  The sce does not have to be mounted, it will work either way.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:44:22 PM by Jason W »

Offline beroje

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:48 PM »

thanks
Gracias
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:11:26 PM by beroje »

Offline uggla

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
beroje, sceupdatecheck will be deprecated as premade packages are going to be imported like the others.

But there is an importupdatecheck that can be imported the will check sce's that were imported with the "import -s" option.  It simply tells a user which packages inside an sce have available updates whether they are Debian packages or custom Tinycore ones.

Import a package:

import -s firefox

Then at a later time, check it with:

importupdatecheck firefox

It will tell you of any packages contained in it that have newer versions.  The sce does not have to be mounted, it will work either way.
Why isn't the -s option used as default? What is the drawbacks using the -s option?

Offline uggla

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 11:53:20 PM »
uggla, I see it is simple with the firmware-iwlwifi package, it is not in main but in non-free, so it does not exist as a package and is not imported.
But how am I supposed to download firmware-iwlwifi if it can't be imported?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 04:30:55 AM »
The -s option is used as it causes a list of md5sums to be created that not everyone will use, so for the sake of efficiency it is an option to create it.

As for the firmware, we are in the process of making a prebuilt wireless sce that can be downloaded so folks with wireless only have to download vmlinuz, dCore.gz, and the wireless sce.  I hope to get it up shortly.

Offline uggla

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 06:09:20 AM »
As for the firmware, we are in the process of making a prebuilt wireless sce that can be downloaded so folks with wireless only have to download vmlinuz, dCore.gz, and the wireless sce.  I hope to get it up shortly.
I was thinking of having a system with only one (mega-) sce. Together with vmlinuz and dCore.gz it would make the whole system. But now there is going to be wireless.sce too  :(

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I am in the process of making individual firmware packages that can be imported, which along with the wireless stuff can be either made modular/mega via import, or to be downloaded as a single sce for those who want to download one wireless.sce and be ready to go.

Be patient.  :-)

The individual packages are there now, I will make the premade wireless sce soon that will have all one needs to connect with wireless when loaded.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 12:08:05 PM by Jason W »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
wireless.sce uploaded.  This is intended for those who desire a single file download to get connected on any wireless hardware without having to determine exactly what drivers or packages are needed.  It includes wpasupplicant, b43-fwcutter, all available wireless firmware, wireless-tools, and relevant kernel modules.  Once connected, one can use import to fetch just the needed packages for one's hardware requirements.  Available at the below link:

http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/sce/wireless.sce
http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/x86/sce/wireless.sce.md5.txt

The same package can be obtained by import with the below command:

import wireless

Offline uggla

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
I've now tried to put everything I need in one mega-sce. Dcore boots up fine with both wireless and xorg working. Some application icons show up in wbar but Applications menu are totally empty. I've included alsa-modules-3.8.10-tinycore and alsa-base but I don't know how to get sound working.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
alsa-base does not appear to have alsa-utils as a dependency according to it's web page.  I use alsa-utils plus alsa-modules-3.8.10-tinycore for sound, with alsa-utils you should have working sound without much if any manual intervention.

What window manager or desktop are you using?