General TC > Tiny Core on Virtual Machines

Solved: Core 4.7.7 under Qemu on Win7

(1/2) > >>

Lee:
I'm running Core 4.7.7 under Qemu on a 32 bit Win7 Pro system and I'm having trouble loading Xprogs.tcz.

Xlibs.tcz, Xprogs.tcz, Xvesa.tcz, wbar.tcz and jwm.tcz are all listed in onboot.lst but Xprogs fails to load.

If I try to tce-load -i Xprogs.tcz it tries for about five minutes then segfaults.

If I manually loop-mount the extension, copy the contents to the right places and run /usr/local/tce.installed/Xprogs I can get an X desktop.

When I do the copy from the extension to the main fs, it bitches about /usr/local/share/pixmaps/screenshot.png, ...services.png and ...settime.png not found.  I note that, in the extension, those files are symlinks and ls -l shows them in red (broken link?).

I have verified that this is the same Xprogs.tcz (by md5sum) that works fine on my real hardware, though I have re-downloaded it anyway.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Qemu batch file:

--- Code: ---@ECHO OFF
SET SDL_VIDEODRIVER=windib
SET QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=dsound
SET QEMU_AUDIO_LOG_TO_MONITOR=0
start qemu.exe -L . -m 128 -hda tc477.img -boot c -soundhw sb16,es1370 -localtime -M pc

--- End code ---

grub4dos boot entry:

--- Code: ---find --set-root /boot/grub/tc477.img
kernel /boot/core4.7.7/vmlinuz quiet tce=LABEL=tc477.img/boot/core4.7.7/tce multivt text noautologin
initrd /boot/core4.7.7/core.gz

--- End code ---

Edit: fixed typo in tce=LABEL=.... lee

gerald_clark:
tce-LABEL ?
Just make sure your tce directory is in the root of your disk image.

curaga:
Double-check the dep files, a tce-load segfault is usually an infinite loop of dep files loading each other.

Lee:

--- Quote ---tce-LABEL ?
--- End quote ---

Sorry - that was a typo in the forum post - I can't seem to copy and paste from the vm window to a host app - but the running system has it correct (the tce directory is being found and other extensions loaded).

--- Quote ---Double-check the dep files
--- End quote ---

Thanks Curaga - but no luck.  Xprogs depends on  Xlibs and fltk-1.1.10 but neither of those has a .dep file.

genec:
Tried different RAM sizes?  How much RAM in the physical machine?  Any errors on the physical machine (ie HDD "stalling" trying to perform a read)?  QEMU version?  Using VT-x/AMD-V?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version