WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ezremaster On Demand  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Laptop98

ezremaster On Demand
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:39:14 AM »
When adding the apps in ezremaster, I put them in the "outside initrd" section, hoping they would appear in the "on demamd" menu after the remastered disc has booted.

However, they did not show in the "On demand" menu and they don't show in the app browser for installing. I can't find them anywhere. Where have they gone?

In order to use these apps, I must type "tce-load -i /mnt/sr0/optional/appname.tcz". They are on the CD but not accessible from any menu.

Typing this for every app is a hassle, of course, I'd rather just select them from the "on demand menu".

Have I remastered the disc wrong somehow or is this normal? How do I get a remastered disc with the  new apps appearing in the "on Demand" menu?

Offline tinypoodle

Re: ezremaster On Demand
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
You could change dir to load an extension from with appbrowser.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Laptop98

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
The App Browser GUI doesn't allow me to change the location of the directory. When I click in the box with the dir in it at the bottom of the browser, it just makes a beeping noise when I try to change its contents.

Also, the bit that lets you change the drive with installed apps on it doesn't allow to specify the CD, it lists all drives on the computer, apart from the CD.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »
ezremaster doesn't support adding extensions "on demand".   If you don't add them "on boot" you need to manually load them with App Browser or tce-load.