WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: no wireless extensions using usb-wlan adapter with chipset rtl8192cu  (Read 13883 times)

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: no wireless extensions using usb-wlan adapter with chipset rtl8192cu
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »
TC is not a ready-to-run distribution.  It is a toolkit for building systems.
Not everything is automated.  You may have to do some troubleshooting and scripting to get things the way you want them.

You have been asked questions you have not answered, and asked to do things that you have not acknowledged doing.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
It's clear we do not currently have a driver/firmware int tc-4.7.7 to support this wireless adapter.   Looks like I have in my possession a similar Wireless adapter using the RTL8192CU chip, however you'll notice that for some reason this deice has never made it into the list of supported Wireless devices.

If you can provide more information on the driver/firmware used in other distributions I'd be happy to make an extension to include support for this device.  Although the new TC-5.x might provide the required support.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »
Have been browsing my notes and found this which shows I might be wrong and at least we have the driver which is a good start

Your 8192cu USB wireless chip should work with

wireless-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz  which contains the rtl8192cu.ko  driver you're looking for.

All you need now is the firmware.  I have the older version and will submit it soon.  So look for
this extension  firmware-rtl8192u.tcz later

Alternatively you may try the extension  firmware-rtlwifi.tcz  which is in the tc-5.x repo, this has the latest firmware (rtl8192cufw.bin) for your wireless chip AIUI

Pleas let us know if
wireless-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz
and
firmware-rtlwifi.tcz
work for you

if the new firmware is not compatible, I'll make the older firmware version and submit it asap

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:33:04 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
We have a working solution for this wireless chip available in TC-5,  if you'd care to try it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD