WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: CubieBoard, Install to NAND  (Read 30767 times)

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
Re: CubieBoard, Install to NAND
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »
My bad... i didn`t see your message... thanks.

I will take a look at all the files and try it if/when I have the courage.. the other img I was talking about is not cubian but an ubuntu made by a guy named Guillaume who made a script named `pimp my mele` but ok you probably knew that one already. It seems there is even a rollback to android option on his script, but I really have not tried that yet. And I have no idea if any of this will work on my MK802 II  - but I suspect yes, at most needing some change in script.bin (i hope)
thanks again
fangis

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
Ok, I have a suggestion to the script.

I would make the whole process less automatic, meaning, no need to access the internet to get the files, this for the reasons:
 - sometimes you need a different file from these - in my case , for my tv box I will need a different script.bin. Also, I use a different uImage.
 - sometimes you have no connection / connection can break and mess the whole setup
What do you think?

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 02:37:10 PM »
So, I just tried to do a manual install following the steps in the script.

For me, it was a failure.

It can`t go through the mkfs.ext4 part - It states that the partition nandb
does not exist.

fdisk -l only shows partition `nand` with about 3.8GB of size.

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 02:40:11 AM »
Update - The partitions are created nicely on my system. It`s just they have different names here:
nand1
nand2

The mini pc boots, led gets on and stays on, but I get no HDMI output.

I am guessing because of the partition name difference I may need to edit your boot.scr. Do you still have your boot.cmd file?

Offline MapHtH

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »
Hmm, when you flash the cubie_nand_uboot_partition_image.bin you should already have nanda, not nand1 (android vs linux naming scheme).
Actually, I'll make an image of the system for easy install and post it here, that should make things a lot easier.

Btw, did you check the script I posted? It should be pretty straight forward on what needs to be done.

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »
Hi
I followed the steps on your script - but I had to do them manually as the tv box currently has no internet access.
Maybe i get nand1 nand2 names because i use a different kernel? By the way it`s funny, if I use the default kernel, then dmesg shows that nand driver did not load correctly.

Anyway - i`ll look forward to your img file and also, if you could post your boot.cmd I will be thankful

Offline MapHtH

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
Uhh, the procedure I've posted is made for Cubieboard and I haven't tested it on anything else so I cant guarantee that it would work on anything else.

You should already have nanda and not nand1 by dding cubie_nand_uboot_partition_image.bin but that's made for cubieboard too.
I think that the primary and secondary boot loaders are a tad different with android tv boxes. I'd use the ones with the working images.

My boot.cmd is:
Code: [Select]
setenv bootargs console=${console} init=/init rootwait panic=${panic} loglevel=${loglevel} ${extraargs}
ext4load nand 1:0 0x43000000 /boot/script.bin
ext4load nand 1:0 0x48000000 /boot/uImage
ext4load nand 1:0 0x43100000 /boot/uCore
bootm 0x48000000 0x43100000

Offline fangis

• rafalis2
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
It`s ok
Usually for A10 devices, it`s just a matter of switching a script.bin and then images from other devices can work on yours. But this nand install may have something different.
THanks for the boot.cmd but it seems there is nothing to replace in there. For now, i run out of ideas, although it feels like it`s close to working.

Offline vinikon

Re: CubieBoard, Install to NAND - Is this work now?
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »
Hi there,

please tell me if you script works as of today. I'd like to set-up my Mk802II in order to run TinyCore with X.

But since 2015 repositories, uboot etc. changed.

Is there any changes that I should make to the script?
Thanks
An inspired user of TinyCore...

Offline allu11

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2023, 05:09:16 AM »
Hi MapHtH,

I'm trying to flash linux to Cubieboard2. How to adapt your script to Cubieboard2?

Thank you
/Allu11