WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [solved] Where can I find the microcore packagelists + a few other questions.  (Read 7400 times)

Offline scsijon

• Leadlight, Ceramics, hot glass and linux
I'll first admit i'm new to tinycore, however i'm not to linux, having been using it since Yggdrasil first released a cd and progressing through SuSE and opensuse until I decided to move to Puppy Linux back with v2.12 and remain with them today.

In all cases I was easily able to find the packagelist in a release, however, having downloaded all three x32 builds and run them to see what was inside I don't seem to find one anywhere.

My interest in the Microcore version is that I want to build a pure Wayland server on the minimum base, i.e. no-x at all unless a individual package is a pre-requisite, however I need to see what's already there first before starting to compile and add the 'extras'.

So a few questions if I may:

1- Where is the packagelist found for microcore?

2- Does the microcore have it's dev package separate, and if so where can it be found? The system i'm building on doesn't have internet access so a url directory and name would be appreciated.

3- Is there a compile packages doc anywhere that gives me the 'switches' used for the configure line. (i.e. puppy's default is "./configure CFLAGS="-mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --host=i486-pc-linux-gnu")

4- Are there script type commands to build your packages, and where can I find the list/information on them. I don't want to use other than what it will run on to build.

I think that is enough to start with.

regards and thanks in advance.
scsijon
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:15:52 PM by scsijon »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Hi scsijon
A list of available packages and dev packages can be found here:
http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/tcz/
See the wiki for compilation flags and building packages:
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:17:54 AM by Rich »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
The core.gz base is not built from packages, if this is what you mean. Start from core.gz to have no X.

To see which packages/extensions are added in tinycore and core plus, see the cde dir in the respective isos.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline scsijon

thank you both, I think I am starting to get my head around the way you do things with tinycore.

however, curago, does this mean that the core.gz has it's dev component in it already, do I need to find this elsewhere or does it just not exist?

regards
scsijon

Offline tinypoodle

/dev gets dynamically populated by udev, with exception of a few static device nodes being included, which you could look at by extracting core.gz.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
does this mean that the core.gz has it's dev component in it already, do I need to find this elsewhere or does it just not exist?

If you load the compiletc extension, this will load eveything needed to compile against the contents of core.gz

Offline scsijon

magic, thanks Juanito, now to have some fun...