WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tcWbarConf not working/saving  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Ralphie66

tcWbarConf not working/saving
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »
Hi all...really love TC on RPi...good stuff.  However, I'm having issues with wbar saving custom settings.  ControlPanel->tcWbarConf simply doesn't work.  I click it...nothing, no response.

In a terminal I tried typing "tc-wbarconf".  The result is the message: "/usr/local/bin/tc-wbarconf: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "(" ".  No other response, no change in wbar.

I've also tried editing tce.icons (.wbar) in vi but after backing up and rebooting, it still returns to default settings anyway.  (and yes, I did a "more .bar" to confirm that the change saved prior to rebooting.)

Also, editing .wbar then right clicking the wbar to reload doesn't load the new settings. 

I've also tried a vi edit of .wbar, saving/confirming the change then typing "startx" in terminal.  No effect. wbar properties don't change.

To start with I'm just trying to change the icon sizes to something other than the default "32".

Here's my setup:
Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2.0
Micro Kingston SDC4/8GB loaded with piCore-X-20130521.img  (also tried piCore-20130521.img built up as suggested in the README file...didn't change the problem)

I've gotten used to flwm/wbar on my PC and would like to stick with this combo on RPi but not if I can't customize wbar.

If I'm missing something simple here (or if the simple part of the equation is me), please advise.  Thx.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: tcWbarConf not working/saving
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »
By accident wbarconf is missing. I will add it in next days. Thanks for reporting.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Ralphie66

Re: tcWbarConf not working/saving
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
Thanks for the quick response,  I'll look forward to the update.