WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Is the irc channel really that quiet?  (Read 3836 times)

Offline pioj

Is the irc channel really that quiet?
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:09:54 AM »
I often enter the #tinycorelinux channel just to talk about anything, read opinions,etc.   Simply to be more part in the community...

And its soo quiet. 20 users connected and no activity at all. Pretty disappointing.

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Is the irc channel really that quiet?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:35:57 AM »
That's a pretty negative interpretation.

A positive interpretation would be that if it is quiet in a tech support channel, then all is perfect and noone has any technical issues  ;)

BTW, I was kind of under the impression you would most of the times leave rather soon after joining.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline netnomad

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
hello friends,

i agree to tinypoodle:
the software is so well-designed and stable that there are actual no major issues to solve...
but it is expected that users use the provided advices from the forum and the wiki :-)
in the last two years i experienced so friendly helpers
that everything was answered in a target-orientated, profound way.

so pioj,
dig into the forum, ask in a friendly way and i am sure that you will experience a lively tiny-community :-)

keep on digging my friends.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:42:34 AM by netnomad »

Offline pioj

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 09:00:23 AM »
wow, I think I've explained myself incorrectly.  :o

This has nothing to do with the support of Tinycore, which is excellent. 

It's usual for me to enter an IRC channel and expect 3-4 users to mantain a conversation almost every day.  So I meant this post to be kind of a motivation for other people to lose the fear and join the party.

BTW, I was kind of under the impression you would most of the times leave rather soon after joining.
Totally true, but it's because I don't see any activity at all, so I'm supposing the channel is indeed empty or private.

I'm really sorry, guys. I didn't pretend to talk s**t about the support at all.  :-[

Offline genec

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
Is it quiet?  Often.  Do I have comments/questions to try to assist someone but read through and find they are not present (most often leaving rather hastily)?  Often.  Am I in rooms of 400+ that are sometimes quiet for hours?  Absolutely.

I know myself if I'm around and see something that I think I can answer, I try.

Offline hiro

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
thanks for reminding me to join there, I like quietness :)

aus9

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Hi
Sometimes users forget to mark they are "away"

My time zone is the most important timezone but others have the gall to be asleep when I want to chat
---giggles

Since I regard this as free discussion post, when I am ready to test next version of weechat, I will annouce here, if thats ok with OP,  my aprox time in UTC, zulu or London time when I am ready to chat like heck.  I don't have time to IRC ATM

:D