WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Firefox 17.0.5 ESR [Request cancelled]  (Read 10282 times)

aus9

Re: Firefox 17.0.5 ESR
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 10:31:10 PM »
Rich

my way and your way work fine for desktop entry but I am getting a bork trying to do the same for tce.installed

I have removed the $ variable so you can duplicate my error if you have time?

Code: [Select]
cd /tmp
mkdir -p firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed

(now I try)

cat <<EOF > firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed/firefox17
#!/bin/sh                                                                                             

[ -e /usr/local/bin/firefox ] || ln -s /usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/bin/firefox             

if [ -f /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox ]; then                                     
  rm  /usr/local/firefox17/firefox                                                                     
  busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/firefox17/firefox         
fi                                                                                                     

if [ -f /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin ]; then                                 
  rm  /usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin                                                              
busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin /usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin
fi                                                                                                     

[ -d /var/lib/dbus ] || mkdir -p /var/lib/dbus                                                         
[ -f /var/lib/dbus/machine-id ] || dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/var/lib/dbus/machine-id
EOF

(result is)

cat <<EOF > firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed/firefox17
> #!/bin/sh                                                                                             
>                                                                                                       
> [ -e /usr/local/bin/firefox ] || ln -s /usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/bin/firefox             
>                                                                                                       
> if [ -f /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox ]; then                                     
>   rm  /usr/local/firefox17/firefox                                                                     
>   busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/firefox17/firefox         
> fi                                                                                                     
>                                                                                                       
> if [ -f /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin ]; then                                 
>   rm  /usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin                                                             
> busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin /usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin
> fi                                                                                                     
>                                                                                                     
> [ -d /var/lib/dbus ] || mkdir -p /var/lib/dbus                                                         
> [ -f /var/lib/dbus/machine-id ] || dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/var/lib/dbus/machine-id
> EOF
>

that last > is causing me a concern

I am thinking.....as the local village idiot that the echo is trying to process the internal contents?

With the desktop echo, the command completes and takes you back to the prompt

thanks for reading

aus9

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 01:22:48 AM »
solved it with another google search

mkdir -p firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed
echo '#!/bin/sh                                                                                             

[ -e /usr/local/bin/firefox ] || ln -s /usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/bin/firefox             

busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox /usr/local/firefox17/firefox         
fi                                                                                                     

busybox cp -p /tmp/tcloop/firefox17/usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin /usr/local/firefox17/firefox-bin
fi                                                                                                     

[ -f /var/lib/dbus/machine-id ] || dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/var/lib/dbus/machine-id
' > firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed/firefox17

gives you

cat /tmp/firefox17/usr/local/tce.installed/firefox17
#!/bin/sh                                                                                             

fi                                                                                                     

fi                                                                                                     

nice and simple eh

solution google result was http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/echo-multiple-lines-of-text-312048/#post1585203

aus9

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »
new and slightly improved build script now reads

script removed being rebuilt will show below

so for each desktop entry or init.d or tce.installed script (if needed for builds) we now can use

echo 'first line
second line
last line
' > pathway/filename

EDIT have redone script and added info and dep and tce-load -wi

good luck

firefox17 users
#########

If you use this package, remember to go to /tmp afterwards to find the files

Make backups of your current tcz files and then copy
firefox17.tcz  its dep and its md5 into your tce/optional

---the other files are only for those following the wiki who after getting permission from current maintainer wish to submit some stuff

EDIT 2

forgot to mention, in case you don't know, when you run apps  ---> updates you will now get hits for firefox17
you now ignore them, click on it to see who the maintainer is and when the date is later than yours
you will know the current maintainer, or new maintainer has had their updates accepted.

I am sure I can express that better, but will wait to see if you understand my waffle.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:19:15 PM by aus9 »

Offline gwalther

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 08:02:45 AM »
Will this script work with earlier versions of Tinycore..ie tc3 or even tc2?

aus9

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »
I have never used them. I am not sure why you would still be on them unless your hardware was excluded by more recent editions

Try running it with sudo  and see if it builds and once in tce/optional will work?

good luck

aus9

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 05:35:56 PM »
EEK

I have introduced a bad setuid gremlin. I think I know what the issue is, its the tce.installed permissions but I have not yet resolved it.

Until further notice, you can not load my build of firefox17 if you built it. If you have then ------Please go to apps -> maintenance -> check for updates and process firefox17  (takes you back to rep version)

(Just as well I don't have permission to upgrade eh)

aus9

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:40 AM »
Issue is resolved , was not a firefox17 issue but something else so here is script again, improved a wee bit more

http://ompldr.org/vaTNyMw/build.sh

Offline meo

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 12:45:25 PM »
Hi aus9!

Thanks for the script! Works perfect and I'm now posting this from the Firefox 17.0.5. Thanks again!

Kind regards,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

aus9

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
glad it worked

Offline meo

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 05:30:42 AM »
Hi aus9!

Can't download the build.sh script to make a tcz of Firefox-17.0.5! I updated my system and something went wrong and now I'm trying to rebuild my TC system again. Would appreciate if you could post the script here in this forum. Thanks beforehand!

Always have a backup! Learn from me who thought I had it :(
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

aus9

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 06:20:43 AM »
well that file hosting site seems to have an issue for me as well.

Why don't you pm the other responder to that script and see if he kept a copy?

and I did not keep the script as I thought it worked. Try waiting a day or so maybe the server is down for maintenance at omp*.....if it comes back let me know and I will upload it to a new site at dropbox I have created for other such situations.

I am kind of busy with other stuff at the moment so just download it and unpack it into your home folder

---persistence could be an issue......you may like to advise if you have a persistent home or not

you can create a desktop entry but its easy to just open a terminal and run something like

/unpack-name/firefox17/firefox-bin

good luck

aus9

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
the site is down for me atm but it has been up....looks like it might be a timing issue.....I chose the wrong time

http://websitedownornot.com/ompldr.org.html

status UP 05/16/201317:28:32    2.92 ms.    1 day ago