WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Submitting Extensions?  (Read 3241 times)

Offline althalus

Submitting Extensions?
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
In the process of getting my Pi into the state I want it in, I'm going to be building and compiling lots (and lots) of extensions.

Is picore in a position where the team is ready to accept extension submissions from the community?

How should we go about submitting extensions? (ie, how does it differ from submitting extensions for the standard x86 version of core?)

It seems to be best practice to use submitqc.tcz when building packages these days (I've not been involved with building or submitting packages for a while). Would it be possible to get this into the picore repo?

Is there anything I should be aware of when compiling extensions I intend to submit that is specific to the pi? (Compile flags, for instance - I'm currently using "-O2 -march=armv6j -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard" for cflags and cxxflags)

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. I hope I'm making sense.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Submitting Extensions?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:36 AM »
Yes, Pi extensions are welcome. Remember to mention which repo the extension is for in the subject line.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Submitting Extensions?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:09:59 AM »
@Althaus,

Great, you are welcome to submit extension. Please send them to picoresubmit@gmail.com

Extension creation and submission rules are the same as for x86. Please study existing .info and follow style and content.

To make submitqc for piCore is not on my todo list, you are welcome to adapt it.

Toolchain is using properer architecture by default, no need to specify it. You can use

export CFLAGS="-Os -pipe"
export CXXFLAGS="-Os -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"

In most cases it works, however program my require -fexceptions to build.

Also

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

99% of my build scripts used on x86 works on piCore just removing -march and -mtune

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:22:08 AM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."