WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Firefox on Raspberry Pi  (Read 11757 times)

Offline laberwurschd

Firefox on Raspberry Pi
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:50:34 AM »
What do I need to do to get Firefox on a TinyCore system on a Raspberry Pi?

I've just downloaded two SD card images (20130331 and 20130521) and need to get my Pi boot up the system. Until now I've used a Debian-based OS (Raspbian) where FF ran beautifully. But since there is no mentioning of any FF in an ARM-based TinyCore I thought I'd ask for general directions first.

I've never done any compiling before so if I do need to compile anything in order to get my FF, please include some links as to how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

Felix Riesterer.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Firefox on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:35:02 AM »
You can't compile FF on the RPi due to lack of resources. The only solution at the moment to try FF binary from Raspbian on piCore. For sure there are issues with dependencies but it may work after some work. Worth to try.

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: Firefox on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:44:03 AM »
Iceweasel (FF) installation downloads 199MByte and adds lot of dependencies doesn't exists for piCore and no plan to build them. piCore is intended to be a lite system. You can use netsurf browser for example from the repo. Maybe something based on webkit like midory is a better choice to import. But at the end if you really need FF probably piCore is not the right choise.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."