WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: how to setup boot disk to use tcz extensions  (Read 2178 times)

Offline trembb22

how to setup boot disk to use tcz extensions
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
I read all the articles in the forum and I still dont know if I must create a folder named tcz at the root of my disk or if I just create tce instead. How appbrowser will know that I want tcz extensions and not tce?.
I just know that I must used the following grub boot options:  tinycore tce=hda1/tcz

What I will like to do with tc is having the following working well at each reboot:

samba, and it didn't work with sdl that I try some days ago
ssh, and it didn't work because of passwd with sdl lost after reboot, after reboot I had to change again the user passwd to succeed log with putty, and putty asked to accepte the encrypted keys afer each sdl reboot. Will it work with tc?
C++ compilation, I have some C++ programs to compile that I use with fedora. compiltetc.tcz will be try
modules compilation, cause my on board network is not reconnized by sdl, will it be with tc?
I have the source of my network driver that is: r8101-1.006.00(realtek) so I might need to create the module for it for tc.

What extensions I need to do all that? Do I need to manually copy extension.tcz into the root folder of my disk? or will appbrowser copy itself what I choose into my root (tce/tcz?) folder.
thanks

Offline mikshaw

Re: how to setup boot disk to use tcz extensions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:34:21 PM »
The tce directory works for both tce and tcz