WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: qremaster error  (Read 7715 times)

Offline tinyme

qremaster error
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:23:45 AM »
Dear,

I'm trying to make a php form that creates a tiny/microcore isofile.
Therefore I use qremaster and tinycore webserver with php support.
However when I execute the qremaster script I get following errors:

cat: can't open 'opt/.tcedir': no such file or directory => already tried creating this dir but then I still get the error (changed tce dir in script but still read error)
unable to read package.tcz => resolved also => extension wasn't in directory and qremaster doesn't download it.

The only problem now is that the -d option doesn't work. Is it possible to have a mirror of all extensions?

thx
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:48:10 AM by tinyme »

Offline tinypoodle

Re: qremaster error
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:36:07 AM »
cat: can't open 'opt/.tcedir': no such file or directory => already tried creating this dir but then I still get the error (changed tce dir in script but still read error)
This has been changed form a file to a symlink being /etc/sysconfig/tcedir
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:22:13 AM »
Hi tinyme
Open the qremaster script and change:
Code: [Select]
TCE_DIR=$(cat /opt/.tce_dir)/optionalto:
TCE_DIR=$(readlink /etc/sysconfig/tcedir)/optional || TCE_DIR=$(cat /opt/.tce_dir)/optional
unable to read package.tcz => resolved also => extension wasn't in directory and qremaster doesn't download it.
The only problem now is that the -d option doesn't work. Is it possible to have a mirror of all extensions?

I'm guessing that the -d option probably does work but you ask for the wrong package name. I don't see a  package.tcz
but I do see a  package-tools.tcz  listed in the repository.

[EDIT]: Corrected the code block listed under  "to:"     Rich
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:05:52 AM by Rich »

Offline tinyme

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »
Hi tinyme
Open the qremaster script and change:
TCE_DIR=$(cat /opt/.tce_dir)/optionalto:
TCE_DIR=$(readlink /etc/sysconfig/tcedir) || TCEDIR=$(cat /opt/.tce_dir)

I'm guessing that the -d option probably does work but you ask for the wrong package name. I don't see a  package.tcz
but I do see a  package-tools.tcz  listed in the repository.

Actually that was an example. I used the package partimage.tcz in the -d option. My tcz dir is /mnt/sda1/tcz/optional.
Is there any difference when i use this directory?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:19:58 AM by tinyme »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
Hi tinyme
Is there any difference when i use this directory?
No, but it does make a difference if I gave you the wrong information. :-[
The new line should have read:
TCE_DIR=$(readlink /etc/sysconfig/tcedir)/optional || TCE_DIR=$(cat /opt/.tce_dir)/optional

Offline tinyme

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »
No problem thx for the right info now   :)

Is there any interest in the script when it's finished? Or doesn't tinycore run on a tinycore server?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
Hi tinyme
You might want to send a PM to  danielibarnes  and ask if he would consider updating his script. Include a link
back to this thread.

Offline tinyme

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
Hi tinyme
You might want to send a PM to  danielibarnes  and ask if he would consider updating his script. Include a link
back to this thread.

Hi Rich,

I use daniellibarnes's script for creating the iso. What I meant was that maybe it would be nice that tinycore had a custom iso generator. If there is any interest in the script I will put it in this thread when ready.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »
Hi tinyme
Yes, I understood. I was suggesting that since his script no longer functions properly with the current version of
Tinycore, and other people may try to use it in the future, you might bring it to his attention.
You are welcome to post your script under  Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

Offline tinyme

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
Hi tinyme
Yes, I understood. I was suggesting that since his script no longer functions properly with the current version of
Tinycore, and other people may try to use it in the future, you might bring it to his attention.
You are welcome to post your script under  Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

Ok, I will update the qremaster topic with a link to this one.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi tinyme
back to this thread.

Hi Rich,

I use daniellibarnes's script for creating the iso. What I meant was that maybe it would be nice that tinycore had a custom iso generator. If there is any interest in the script I will put it in this thread when ready.

You can also check out ezremaster.   It is a GUI frontend and a shell script that remasters Tiny Core, and it works with the latest releases of Tiny Core. 

Offline tinyme

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:35:08 AM »
I got the script already working. The only problem is that it doesn't get the packages who aren't on the computer (-d option)
However, that's not a problem. I can setup a mirror for that. Then the newest packages are always available.

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
I made the suggested fix and updated the original post. Thanks for the input. Please let me know if there are any other adjustments that need to be made. I did some brief testing with 3.8.4 and 4.7.7. Please let me know if there are any issues.