WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Looking to build (FTP, DNS, DHCP) appliances on TCL  (Read 2765 times)

Offline rxp1970

Looking to build (FTP, DNS, DHCP) appliances on TCL
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I've been dabbling with TCL for a few weeks now and I'm stumped.  Can anyone point me to HIGHLY DETAILED resources/instructions to build small single purpose appliances on TCL?  (FTP,DNS,DHCP,etc).  I've been surfing the the forums however I am so new to TCL/Linux...VERY NEW.

Can someone please take mercy and point me to some instructions on how to build these types of appliances on TCL?  I am so fascinated by TCL that I don't want to let it go...however I am not making a lot of progress and would like to advance my learning but at least getting these basics up and running and then adapting from there.  I followed parts of other posts and got blocked by trying to save updates to a conf file.  (I could not figure this out and lost all changes using Dnsmasq)...on that note I am open to dnsmasq or bind.... I just need really detailed guidance.  (down to handling any potential perm issues please!)

thanks everyone.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Looking to build (FTP, DNS, DHCP) appliances on TCL
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:06 PM »
Hi rxp1970
Is this the file you tried to update:
Code: [Select]
/usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf.exampleThat file is actually just a link to a file in the dnsmasq package which is a read only file system. Try this:
sudo cp /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf.example /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf
sudo editor /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf
When you are done editing, add the following to your  /opt/filetool.lst  file.
usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.confBe sure to run a backup.