General TC > General TC Talk

Bug of Peazip/7zip could easily exhaust space on / [PARTIALLY FIXED]

(1/1)

tinypoodle:
I happened to run into a bug when attempting to compress a big file with Peazip, where /tmp would be used as working directory and therefore space on / could easily get exhausted and compression would fail.
After some research I found the bug has been reported here:

http://code.google.com/p/peazip/issues/detail?id=184

Correcting syntax to specify working directory as mentioned on bottom shows to be successful as a workaround.

tinypoodle:
Closed:  Yesterday                                                                                                                                               

Fixed in new 5.2.0 release.                                                                                                                                       

Note: This post had originally been posted on 27 November 2013 and is reposted due to accidental removal.

tinypoodle:
Just got to test peazip 5.2.1 and can confirm the bug with 7zip has been fixed - however, I found such a behavior of writing to /tmp is still exhibited with zpaq (not with paq and lpaq though).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version