WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Xarchiver Bugs with 7z Archives  (Read 8355 times)

Offline SamK

Xarchiver Bugs with 7z Archives
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:50:36 AM »
Xarchiver successfully extracts from 7z.  It fails to create a 7z archive, with the following error message:
Code: [Select]
/apps/xarchiver/local/bin/7za: line 2: ././/local/lib/p7zip/7za: not foundAll other formats create and extract OK.

Having configured Set Run Action in Rox-Filer to open a 7z archive in Xarchiver, the Xarchiver GUI opens and immediatly closes.  For all other formats the Xarchiver GUI opens as expected via Set Run Action.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:25:59 AM by SamK »

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Xarchiver Bugs with 7z Archives
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:55:17 AM »
You can try:
Code: [Select]
rox /path/to/archive.7zto see if possibly you get any output.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
By moving the binaries to the /apps/archiver location it finds the 7z command. 

But the issue is not so simple, as then xarchiver closes and there is a backtrace with the error "invalid next size".  Upon googling, this is not a result of the scm format or Tinycore specific.  This appears to be a bug in that version of Xarchiver, Arch Linux has also seen it:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=82278

So nothing I can do, and with the latest stable version being this one, 0.5.2 released in 2008, I am not holding my breath for an upstream fix.

Offline SamK

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »
...this is not a result of the scm format or Tinycore specific.  This appears to be a bug in that version of Xarchiver, Arch Linux has also seen it:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=82278

So nothing I can do, and with the latest stable version being this one, 0.5.2 released in 2008, I am not holding my breath for an upstream fix.
Xarchiver is still very usable, the majority of it works without a problem.  It is also fortunate that for my current purpose 7z is not an essential element.  Thanks for looking at the issue.