WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Libreoffice 4.0  (Read 5673 times)

Offline meo

Libreoffice 4.0
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:06:51 AM »
Hi!

I've been using the new version of libreoffice 4.0 and it's really good. Even the Swedish spell check works which it hasn't in the previous versions. It would really be nice if the scm version of libreoffice could be updated. I would really appreciate that!

Kind regards to those putting in a lot of work keeping the TC repository updated,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Libreoffice 4.0
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »
Ok, but it will require a free afternoon to package it up, I will aim for it in the near future though.

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »
Hi Jason!

Thanks a lot! I understand that it isn't a walk in the park making a scm package out of libreoffice but really the new version is very nice. It seems that the team working with it has squashed a lot of bugs before releasing this version. So, thanks again Jason! I really appreciate the work you do to keep the TC repository up to date!  ;)

Kind regards,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:50:16 AM »
Uploaded, please test and report any issues.  I will get to the usual language packs in the coming days.

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:30 AM »
Hi Jason!

Thanks a lot! First I couldn't get it running and tried to figure out why. Finally I found the problem. I had an old config file for libreoffice. It's located in home/tc/.config/libreoffice. It would probably be good to mention that in the info file for libreoffice 4 so those who have used libreoffice 3.6 and have the file in their mydata.tgz file doesn't come with a bunch of complaints over the updated libreoffice not working. Haven't tested it so much yet but it starts really fast with the right config file in the backup and it seem all right. So, thanks again Jason for a very good and useful extension for TC!!!  :)

Keep up the good work,
meo

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
Thanks, I'll mention it in the info file to hopefully save folks some time.

Offline Onyarian

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
Thanks. Runs like a charm, and with spanish langpack!  ;D