WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Any hope for the generic integrated intel cards? [solved]  (Read 3000 times)

Offline ghosts

Any hope for the generic integrated intel cards? [solved]
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:19:15 AM »
Specifically, mine is Intel GMA3150. I've been reading through other threads, but honestly some of the information I find either doesn't seem to be related or is a bit over my head  :-[

When I'm using the live cd, there seems to be a bit of a lag--like when I move the mouse it leaves a "trail" (dunno how else to describe it) as I move it, and when it shuts down the letters are all scrambled up (which doesn't happen in my other laptop). The desktop freezes a bit sometimes, or just gets messed up when I click around.

Wireless works though, which is not something a lot of distributions get :)

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a way I can get TC to work with my graphics card. Apparently it involves installing an older version of xorg or xvesa? But I'm not really sure, since I haven't been able to find another thread with the exact same problem as I have.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:02:18 PM by ghosts »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Any hope for the generic integrated intel cards?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 05:34:02 AM »
I think Xvesa is unlikely to work.

Did you try Xfbdev as an alternative to Xorg-7.6?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:06 AM »
At least that's a proper Intel card, not a PowerVR one. Try Xorg or Xfbdev.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Pseudoman

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
I've got an Acer Aspire One with the Intel GMA 3150 and it works well with the Xorg-7.5-3d.tcz extension. I can even play games like World of Goo with the setup.

Offline ghosts

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »
I've got an Acer Aspire One with the Intel GMA 3150 and it works well with the Xorg-7.5-3d.tcz extension. I can even play games like World of Goo with the setup.

Thank you, I will definitely try that out! :D
I'm assuming the instructions from the wiki ("Using xorg over xvesa") apply?
I'm only asking because some of the other threads seem to have slightly different instructions or other difficulties installing xorg. Not sure which set of instructions to follow :)))

Offline ghosts

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »
aaaaand almost a week later I realized how silly the above question sounds  :-[ . . . in hindsight, some of my other questions on this forum have been rather. . . er, less well thought out U^_^

I didn't even need to read any man pages, Tiny Core is quite intuitive to figure out with some effort, even for a newbie like myself ;D