WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: streamripper  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
streamripper
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:11:17 AM »
Thanks to jpeters for streamripper:

Code: [Select]
Title: streamripper.tce
Description: A shoutcast-compatible stream ripper
Version: 1.64.6
Author: Maintained by chess@chessgriffin.com
Original-site: http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/
Copying-Policy: FreeBSD
Extension_by: jpeters
Comments: breaks an audio stream into "tracks," stores them in
separate files as they arrive, and names the files by appending
".mp3" to the name of the track.
Size: 156K
Current:      2009/05/10 Original

Code: [Select]
Title: streamripper.tcz
Description: A shoutcast-compatible stream ripper
Version: 1.64.6
Author: Maintained by chess@chessgriffin.com
Original-site: http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/
Copying-Policy: FreeBSD
Extension_by: jpeters
Comments: breaks an audio stream into "tracks," stores them in
separate files as they arrive, and names the files by appending
".mp3" to the name of the track.
Size: 180K
Current:      2009/05/10 Original

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
Re: streamripper
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:09:35 PM »
Jason,  I compiled this on TC2.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
OK.  I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone to state which TC version their extensions are for.  Please everyone mention with each submission which TC version they built their extension with. 

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »
sorry.....I've already kindof forgotten about TC1.....thanks to our brilliant development team!

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »
No big deal.  Having two repos now as well as (and mainly) an increase in non-TC challenges going on lately has had me a little stressed and worn out, but it is all smoothing out. 

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »
an increase in non-TC challenges going on lately has had me a little stressed and worn out

i'm starting to absolutely hate just testing it. hopefully the next time there's an upgrade it won't try to do/change so many things, then it will be more manageable for both of us. i just tried 1.4.2 to see if it has the problems i'm having with 2.x. GOOD NEWS it doesn't! 1.x is still viable. but i assume eventually 1.x will be a thing of the past, i'll either have to complain about 2.x forever until it is fixed, or just live with the fact that i had the most perfect distro of all time for 3 months, then it turned into something i can only half-use. i want this to be a stupid mistake on my part. or rather 100 stupid misleading facts and another 100 confirmations that add up to a fairly reasonable mistake. i want to be wrong about it! still trying to be.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 05:12:44 AM »
Tobias, release candidates and beta versions are released for the purpose of testing and they are not guaranteed to work.  I was the one who moved the extensions from 1.x to 2.x to give the community a ready made repo with the logical assumption that things not kernel related would for the most part just work. I wish I could have fully tested each extension.  But we do not have the manpower to have tested every extension before moving them to 2.x, the RC phase would let the community help us do that.  There are some apps that obviously don't work in 2.x even though glibc is very backward compatible.  This is a community distro that depends on the community and it's contributions.  Those contributing may forget a detail or make a typo in the info file but their contributions are appreciated. 
One should only use release candidates if they do not mind that there are issues still being ironed out.

Offline mcewanw

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 06:09:53 AM »
I must be fortunate: absolutely everything I was using in TC 1.x (and more besides) is working fine in 2.0rc1

My next plan is to download gcc + tools and start compiling things; it looks like TC is going to have tenure as the principal OS used on my systems ...

My only regret (regarding my move from TC 1.x to 2.x) is caused by my own choice of now using/relying on several gtk2 apps; my systems are all old junk and I cringe at my systems' increased RAM usage figures. However, I'm successfully managing to resist Xorg (for xv graphics acceleration) since I tend to use old GeeXboX 1.1 when I want to play DVDs fullscreen anyway.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 06:50:00 AM »
You can save a lot of ram using xorg if you untar the extension, delete all of the drivers you don't need on your system and then re-tar/advdef it.

Doing this (and still keeping the large intel driver) I go from 32mb to 10.5mb...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:12:34 AM by Juanito »

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »
Tobias, release candidates and beta versions are released for the purpose of testing and they are not guaranteed to work.  I was the one who moved the extensions from 1.x to 2.x to give the community a ready made repo with the logical assumption that things not kernel related would for the most part just work. I wish I could have fully tested each extension.  But we do not have the manpower to have tested every extension before moving them to 2.x, the RC phase would let the community help us do that.

i'm fully aware of this, i don't care if 2.x rc1 itself works at all. what bothers me is that i've found what for me (it seems, only me) is an important, nasty bug that exists in 2.x and not 1.x. i have gotten a few serious replies about it, only after insisting. mostly i don't know what this means for me for tinycore. how will it be fixed if the people that fix it can't reproduce it? you misunderstood me if you think this is about extensions. if it was just extensions, no problem. it affects busybox, nslookup, and nc in the base.