WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Hackberry Allwinner A10  (Read 7409 times)

Offline hlavery

Hackberry Allwinner A10
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »
I have at last been able to get Core to boot on my Miniand Hackberry Allwinner A10 using
the current image for the A10 devices (a10Core-20121103.img.gz) plus the script.bin taken from the Hackberry. 

The previous image wouldn't run on the Hackberry (partial boot, no USB, no ethernet), so this is great! 

The screen is a bit cut off (root@box: is cut off at ox:), but that is likely a refinement in script.bin, as is some under-reporting of memory.  These I can fix farily easily, I think.

The problem I have is that although I can download import.tcz and dependencies from the archive and then run import to create further tcz from the debian repository I do not end up with usable extensions.  I move all of the tcz's generated by "import" to the same folder in which the (working) import.tcz, etc., are located.   However, the extensions imported via "import" fail to load and run.

A typical error involving "tce-load -i tmux" would  give

"mounting /dev/loop4 on /tmp/tcloop/libevent-2.0-5 failed: Invalid argument"

....although libevent-2.0-5 can be found mounted on tcloop/libevent-2.0.5. 

Same problems occur for other extensions including dropbear, openssh, mc; seems like the problem always develops on loop4 parallel to what I see for tmux.

I have looked at obvious culprits like permissions and clock settings with no success.

Will persevere, but if anyone has any insights on this I would appreciate the input.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Hackberry Allwinner A10
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »
I have an updated import, now with full recursion on dependencies, which therefore works for even more debian packages.
I did run into the issue that you describe. It is caused by some debian packages that have internals packed with xz (lzma).
The fix is to adjust the deb2tcz and remove the TYPE test and simply use "tar xf" Thus allowing auto detection of compression.

EDIT: I should note that I am currently unable to post the update as ibiblio disk space is full. Waiting on ibiblio.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:35:43 AM by roberts »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline hlavery

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
Thanks, roberts...will await update to import.tcz.

Offline hlavery

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
Made changes mentioned to deb2tcz, now import works perfectly.

Offline hlavery

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
Running on the Hackberry A10 Allwinner:

Here is a screenshot including Tinycore, flwm, tabbed surf browser with 2 open tabs, st terminal with htop, and scrot for screen capture.

Offline stormrev

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »
jlavery,
any chance you could post a DDable image of the TCL fully installed?
thanks