WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Core as LTSP Server  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Zendrael

• Zendrael's home of projects
Core as LTSP Server
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
Hello all!

I have plans to use Core as a LTSP server on a small office but a question came up: If I use the NetBooting method mentioned on the Wiki, won't be the final result the same as a LTSP Server?

If it ends being the same (sort of), them the remaining question will be: how to put a graphical login manager to the users and share more than one location in the server? (the wiki shows only a single shared nfs)

The only way that I worked with LTSP was with Mandriva and Ubuntu but now I think that Core is enough for everything!

Thanks!

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Core as LTSP Server
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:23 PM »
With separate pxe config files, each machine can have its own nfs share.
Also, additional shares can be mounted in bootlocal.sh.

Offline Zendrael

• Zendrael's home of projects
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:50 AM »
Hello Gerald_Clark!

This way I can have various home directories in the server, right? If I make the /etc/skel persistent on server, it will load the default config for each user when created, right?

I need to have specific user spaces on the server and a public space accessed for everyone.

If I have one single Win7 machine on the network (to read/write the public space), I have to use samba or there is some way to make nfs work for it too?

Thanks!

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:28:49 AM »
Hi Zendrael
If I have one single Win7 machine on the network (to read/write the public space), I have to use samba or there is some way to make nfs work for it too?
Google  windows7 nfs client.  Your available options are a function of which version of Win7 you are running.