WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: I would like to make extensions  (Read 4437 times)

Offline med458

I would like to make extensions
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:43:48 AM »
Hello, I am looking to remaster tinycore liveCD so
1) it loads specific drivers for specific hardware not found at: distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/3.x/tcz/ ; and
2) executes certain commands at boottime, such as "modprobe pciehp pciehp_force=1", to make my ExpressCard slot work.

I have done a reasonable amount of looking around to find my answer.  I certainly have not read every post here, but I have searched for messages and looked at http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,7495.0.html

At the present time, I can successfully remaster tinycore by decompressing everything and recompressing it.

However, I have been unsuccessful in finding a comprehensive, easy-to-follow tutorial on how to create extensions.  I need to be able to compile a variety of hardware drivers and include them on the remaster CD I intend to make.  If someone would please point me in the right direction so I can find a good tutorial, I would be quite grateful.  Thank you my friends.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: I would like to make extensions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:47:43 AM »

Offline med458

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
Thank you very much my friend, for taking the time to read my question and respond.  I will give this a look.

Offline med458

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »
To start, should I install coreplus to a partition, instead of using a live CD? Then try to make an extension from coreplus installed on my computer?  I am having a difficult time learning where to begin.  Thank you friends.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:18 AM »
To start, should I install coreplus to a partition, instead of using a live CD? Then try to make an extension from coreplus installed on my computer?  I am having a difficult time learning where to begin.  Thank you friends.
The boot medium shouldn't really make a difference.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:24 AM »
Before making an extension I advice to get familiar with the core concept of the system. You do not have to install it on a HDD at all. Boot from USB or CD and store only downloaded extensions and your backup in a directory on partion with compatible file sytem, ext2/ext3/ext4 or in worst case FAT/FAT32.

No need fore CorePlus, TC is a good starting point.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."