WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: FLTK Window Icon issues, plus Xft anti-aliased fonts in FLTK  (Read 10650 times)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
Re: FLTK Window Icon issues, plus Xft anti-aliased fonts in FLTK
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »
That is a pretty weak argument. So it must "look" like Windows?

i don't know how you took that from what i said. no, and no.

You have no concerns about functionality.

not true at all! it's because functionality is the most important thing to me that i like jwm more than any other wm is because of it's functionality, not it's appearance.

appearance wise, as an exception to the functionality issue, the title bars are horrible.

You are OK with the bugs in jwm, the fact that OO and mtpaint open under the task bar.

no i'm not. there are two major bugs with jwm, and i accept them (i settle, they're not OK) in jwm because OVERALL, the functionality is superior, especially right click kill and performance. the two major bugs are fullscreen and that annoying window-under-taskbar issue. there are patches for one or more of these, i think i read.

Is alt-left drag to move a window, also a Windows featrue?

no. i'm sure it predates microsoft's involvement. in all mac applications, click is "left click" so it's also a mac feature. i wish i could try the apple lisa for five minutes.

no full screen mode with flash or other video players is still better than those awful sideways title bars. Hmmm.

i hope you are being sarcastic, or misunderstood me. i don't think you care enough about this argument to be dishonest. if the goal was to make certain i do not want to talk about window managers with you ever again, you've succeeded.

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »
roberts: I was surprised that I did not get the Dell Mini 9 after all... an ASUS eeePC 1000 with XANDROS came instead (I guess my request was overturned).  OK, I think I can make this one work with TC too.  But I'm having some setup issues.  I'll post them in a eeePC thread.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 06:28:46 AM »
MikeLockmoore,
I was mistaken, if the same lib exists in /usr/local/lib as in /usr/lib, the one in /usr/lib gets linked to.  I thought we had made it default to /usr/local/lib if the same lib was present there like is the case in the executable $PATH, but it is not.  In this case, a tce extension that overwrites the base lib would be necessary.  No more ram would  be taken up, except for the difference in size if the newer lib was bigger.

But I do remember an issue when trying to submit a flwm port to a distro a while back and their fltk build did not allow for a needed fltk configure option.  So there is a chance when overwriting fltk for it to cause a problem in other apps, but since there would  be more options added to the fltk libs in the extension it shouldn't cause an issue.