WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: buildroot is gpl v2  (Read 5192 times)

aus9

buildroot is gpl v2
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »
hi

This does not appear to be a commercial site so thought I would post it in case it helps?

http://buildroot.org/

and
All of the end products of Buildroot (toolchain, root filesystem, kernel, bootloaders) contain opensource software, released under various licenses.

source
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html

As you can guess, I have just ordered an allwinner A10

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: buildroot is gpl v2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
This would be a very worthy goal to achieve a buildroot for the base.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

aus9

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 12:30:26 AM »
hi  (Low Priority)

my allwinner a10 has just arrived, if you are asking me to start work on building the toolchain,
I will certainly give it a try.

If I have any issues should I post here? or in the remaster section?

I know the remaster section is for x86 but I am not sure about embedded/core stuff.

cheers

--------------

If I am successful with any build can I post here and link to my build instructions, tczs, dd-images (or partimage images) etc?
Note that I have not even started on them so no need to reply any day soon but within weeks would be nice. I still have some x86 things to complete so won't do anything for at least 2 weeks

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
Please use the Allwinner section for any and all discussion/development for Allwinner specific devices.

Note too, that an image is already provided for Allwinner devices, I would suggest to start there and see if your device is capable to run it. It may be that you need to use your board's specific script.bin. If so please state such and then share your script.bin so that others that have your specific device will benefit.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.