WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Missing Firefox profile...  (Read 5125 times)

Offline davec60

Missing Firefox profile...
« on: November 23, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
Hi,
I have been having some difficulty in getting Firefox to run. When clicking the wbar icon
the message box states:
'Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible'.
This is despite the file /usr/local/tce.icons showing the correct link to firefox.
When trying to run it via the terminal the return message is:
'Error: Access was denied while trying to open files in your profile directory'.
Can anyone please suggest how I may be able to repair this? Where can I find the
'profile directory'?
(Incidentally, when I click on the firefox executable in both /usr/local/firefox-official/firefox and
 /tmp/tcloop/firefox16/usr/local/firefox-officisl/firefox then it runs normally indicating that it has
at least been installed).
Thanks,
dave-c

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Missing Firefox profile...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
See what happens when running:

"firefox -profile /tmp/.mozilla"
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline davec60

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I tried your suggestion. The 'response' was the same message box mentioned earlier ie. 'Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible'.
davec60

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:30:24 AM »
What happens if you boot with "base norestore", then load firefox and try to run it?
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline netnomad

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:14:47 AM »
hi friends,

or just rename for ~/.mozilla directory, it´s like deleting and a new profile is provided for your further tests.
afterwards you can decide whether you want to go back.

Offline davec60

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for your further replies.
I tried booting with base norestore on the kernel line but the extensions failed to load and I ended up with a CLI (tc@box) at which point I was out of my depth.
I then tried renaming the existing .mozilla file (in /home/tc) and this did the trick ie. clicking on the Firefox wbar icon started Firefox successfully and a new .mozilla folder appeared in /home/tc. Thanks again for your help.
davec