WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: aMSN extensions made  (Read 3447 times)

Offline jls

aMSN extensions made
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:44:44 AM »
I've made aMSN (a free open source MSN Messenger clone) extension, I've sent to the tc team but they haven't publish yet [...] It doesn't work on 2.0RC1

[^thehatsrule^: edited post - please see the (updated) extension submission guidelines]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 07:36:44 PM by ^thehatsrule^ »
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: aMSN extensions made
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:47:29 AM »
I have not seen it come in, and nothing is in the spam trap.  Please resubmit it. 

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:43 PM »
I'd love to get to the route of why these apps that worked with tc1 don't work with tc2.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
I'd love to get to the route of why these apps that worked with tc1 don't work with tc2.

not as much as i would! it's a simple question of whether i'll be able to use 2.x every day- or not. i can already use it for "unimportant things" like accessing the forum in ff. with things changing so fast it's not easy to stay on top of it.

minefield's biggest problem seems to be that "dragging" anything "draggable" (does not apply to form buttons or menus. does apply to links, images, and the icon next to the url that you can drag to the bookmark toolbar) makes minefield close. but the real issue for me is that half the network apps can't resolve a dns entry (even nslookup) and the other half (links, but not elinks) can!

i also don't recommend 2.x for 256m ram (yet.) i don't know the difference, but i used 0.x in 256 regularly, and so far my experience with similar use in 2.x is... you're going to be able to do less and less. is it because the extensions are getting bigger? i doubt they are**, but a policy of "always" (not really always) having the latest version may have a price, just as dsl's "policy" of not having the latest version had a price. i hope this smooths out, 2.x has lots of potential for greatness.

**maybe it's just the difference between full ff and minefield, but i was sure i could run more than minefield before.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »
Maybe we could start with the error that occurs when loading FF in tc2:
Code: [Select]
" Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display  ":0.0".

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039134.html
http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/XGE

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:27:21 PM by jpeters »

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 01:31:58 AM »
Well, I built libxcb (and deps), but it doesn't seem to help much.  Here's a sample (there are 103 libs). To get this built required libxslt, xcb-proto, xproto, libXau (with pkgconfig), and libpthread-stubs.  If anyone needs these packages, I can post.   

Code: [Select]
libxcb-composite.a                                                                                                                                                   
libxcb-composite.la                                                                                                                                                 
libxcb-composite.so                                                                                                                                                 
libxcb-composite.so.0                                                                                                                                               
libxcb-composite.so.0.0.0                                                                                                                                           
libxcb-damage.a                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-damage.la                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-damage.so                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-damage.so.0                                                                                                                                                   
libxcb-damage.so.0.0.0                                                                                                                                               
libxcb-dpms.so                                                                                                                                                       
libxcb-dpms.so.0                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-dpms.so.0.0.0                                                                                                                                                 
libxcb-glx.a                                                                                                                                                         
libxcb-glx.la                                                                                                                                                       
libxcb-glx.so                                                                                                                                                       
libxcb-glx.so.0                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-glx.so.0.0.0                                                                                                                                                 
libxcb-randr.a                                                                                                                                                       
libxcb-randr.la                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-randr.so                                                                                                                                                     
libxcb-randr.so.0                                                                                                                                                   
libxcb-randr.so.0.0.0
....                                                                                                                                               

Offline jls

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »
if u want 2 use msn u can go to meebo.com
dCore user