WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: solution to Xorg 3d acceleration crashing  (Read 4332 times)

Offline makoto

solution to Xorg 3d acceleration crashing
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
Hello everyone! I found a problem about Xorg 3d that the graphics would crash if you open an application such as firefox, or you quit an application which requires 3d acceleration, but the problem would not appear if you only load Xorg-7.6. I use Intel HD 3000 graphics. In fact, it is the problem with xf86-video-intel. I solved this problem by compiling a new xf86-video-intel. Get the source tarball from ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.15.0.tar.bz2 (I tried all the versions and found that this version is the most recent and stable one.) then load compiletc.tcz, pixman-dev.tcz, udev-dev.tcz and libxcb-util-dev.tcz, you can also get the source of intel-gen4asm and compile it which only requires compiletc.tcz before compiling (recommended, as it can improve the performance.) and you needn't make a package of gen4asm because it is only used during compiling the driver. You need to add --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/local/lib/X11/modules after configure command. Then create your own package xf86-video-intel.tcz. It requires libx11-xcb.tcz and udev-lib.tcz and add these to old xf86-video-intel.tcz.dep.
Enjoy yourselves! I hope this post can help some guys with this problem.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: solution to Xorg 3d acceleration crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
Hm, so a downgrade? 2.16.0 seems to be the repo version.

Xcb and udev aren't mandatory; can you test 2.15.0 without them?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline makoto

Re: solution to Xorg 3d acceleration crashing
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
I don't know that the repo version is newer. Udev is not necessary, I just thought that it had something with connecting the projector; I also think that xcb is unnecessary. Then Xorg-7.6-dev.tcz is required while building. I tried once again without udev and xcb, but it failed to compile. After I loaded libxcb-util-dev.tcz the problem seemed to be fixed. I don't know why.