WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: What is best place for writing helpful info?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline ethanH

What is best place for writing helpful info?
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
Hi,

I ran across a couple of blog posts by a forum user that were really well written and explained a couple of things that I needed.  They were greatly helpful however, I don't think I would have found them if I wasn't lucky.

These blog posts are so useful that I have downloaded the entire pages for my own reference.

Also, when I was reading the wiki I read the "setting up wireless" section and I wanted to add a little bit on once you setup your wireless how you can automatically connect to the router at boot.

So I was wondering what is the best place to store and share this useful information?

Where can I post the links to the blog?  Can I add on to the wiki?

thanks.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: What is best place for writing helpful info?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
Hi ethanH
The Wiki can be added to and edited by all forum members who wish to contribute. You can login to the Wiki
using your forum name and password.

Offline ethanH

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
Hi ethanH
The Wiki can be added to and edited by all forum members who wish to contribute. You can login to the Wiki
using your forum name and password.

Thanks Rich, I don't know why, but for some reason, I thought only mods or contributors could add on to the wiki.

I have added the instructions like I said in the OP: http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:setting_up_wifi_at_boot.
Any feedback or corrections would be welcome.

Where should I add the links to the blog posts?  I know that the forums have a very aggressive attitude towards outside links, but this is information was useful to me and I am sure it would be useful to others as well.  It allowed to me to setup openssh on my TC box so I can remote in.

I guess an alternative would be to copy the instructions and post them in the wiki?

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:29 PM »
Thank you ethanH

Sorry it's a bit late to help you, but you know there is a really awesome extension called wifi.tcz which will connect to an access point for you, all that is needed is a " wifi.sh -a " entry to run at boot and your connection is automatically made on start up,  additionally it will save your credentials for next boot.

I think a guide on how to remotely connect using openssh would be interesting and is missing at present from the wiki
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:00:15 AM by coreplayer2 »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »
Hi ethanH
For now, post the links here. Maybe one of the administrators can weigh in on where to list them or whether
it's OK to copy the content to the forum or Wiki.