WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: is there a default account for rpiCore?  (Read 7434 times)

Offline tinnnysu

is there a default account for rpiCore?
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
a default account for ssh,i have some problem on display,and i can not find any docs,thank you

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: is there a default account for rpiCore?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »
No, there are no default passwords.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline hlavery

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
Having the same issue as tinnnysu; attempt to ssh into the device gets a password request.   SSH to tc@.... or root@.... or something else?

Thanks...I think I have core running on another Allwinner device (Miniand Hackberry A10), as it boots and connects via ethernet, but that's as far as I can get w/o password.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
One solution is to create a new user with a password and use it for remote access. This way you can keep intact your TC settings.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline hlavery

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »
Could you suggest how to get past the ssh password and into the device?  Can't do much about users and passwords if I can't get in.  Thanks!

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
Just to avoid misunderstanding, do you want to install an SSH server (dropbear) to access box remotely?
Béla

Offline hlavery

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:29 PM »
I perhaps misunderstood that the roberts' Allwinner image included an ssh server of some kind, thus the response asking for a password.  I now suspect that dropbear or the like are not in the image, so I cannot access the system via ssh.  Thanks.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:37 PM »
You posted in a wrong board and your title is wrong. ALWINNER and RASPBERRY are different animals.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:42:36 PM by bmarkus »
Béla

Offline hlavery

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 12:51:41 PM »
OK....when I nmap to the Allwinner device, it shows an open port 22.  SSH demands a password, while telnet gives back

"SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.0p1 Debian-2                                                             

Protocol mismatch."

Just want to know whether or not there is any way to access this device.  Video output does not work (yet, possibly ever).  Thanks.     

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:05 AM »
Hmmm, Must not be a10Core running on your Allwinner device as no such service is started,
Both ssh and telnet display "Connection refused" from a10Core.
And running netstat on a10Core displays only udev/control
Additionally a10Core boots directly into text mode with user tc logged in,  just as with x86Core.
a10Core uses bterm-bogl typically requiring your hardware supplied script.bin. No X server required.

10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline hlavery

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »
Thank you, roberts.  I think I need to rig up a serial console to see what is going on.

I tried two things: 

First, taking the a10Core image and swapping out the script.bin from the Miniand Hackberry as per your instructions.   This did not boot, so the discrepancies between the two A10 systems exceeds the script.bin differences.  Will have to watch the console.

Then, swapping  two additional boot files (sunxi-spl.bin and u-boot.bin) in an approach that Miniand users made to get a Debian headless server image to boot on the Hackberry. This is the option that appeared to boot and started an SSH service, but not with the same password as the default Android system.  I didn't really expect this to work, but it was easy to try.

Anyhow, off to order parts to mod my serial cables to the Hackberry connector.  I am a long-time Tinycore user (but infrequent commenter) and hope to get my favorite toolkit up on this device, too.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
It is indeed a challenge that even in the a10 family such is encountered.
That is why I have been trying to collect and host various script bin files for therein is the "compiled" info regarding resolution and output device. Having to connect via a serial console is not a very pratical soultion, but is sometimes the only one.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.