WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Compiletc.tcz  (Read 7958 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Compiletc.tcz
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:14:32 AM »
- /usr/local/tce.installed should only be in an extension if it contains other extensions or needs an install script, having it's own install file results in an error when loading a tcz (touch: read-only filesystem)
- the contents of user.tar.gz are also in the tcz, using space
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Compiletc.tcz
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:13:03 AM »
thanks - hmm - let me check, I don't recall doing either of those things - maybe I posted the wrong version or it's not my version...

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 02:48:48 AM »
updated compiletc.tcz uploaded

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 05:55:16 AM »
I was thinking about adding gperf and the full version of tar to compiletc. I saw somwhere a mention that fltk-config was missing (?) - any other requests?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
fluid ? or is there an extension for it somewhere?

Offline mikshaw

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
I don't think there are any development files for fluid (unless it has plugin support?).

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
Not dev files, but fluid itself :)
As it's used for fltk development.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
FYI, gnu tar is in the curaga's advcomp extension.

It might be a better idea to make a separate extension for fluid. It's a tool that's targeted to developers and is not required for just compiling.  In any case, this extension always seems like it's getting bigger :P

Offline florian

• Home Page
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
As Juanito is asking, hre's the list of tools for developing/compiling extension:

* sstrip - strip an extra more kilobytes from your binaries. useful if you inted to make tiny extensions/programs
* tcc - another compiler can be very useful while developing. Tcc is small, ultra fast. Its ability to run C files as if they were scripts is super useful.
* fltk-config
* fldev - an fltk IDE well suite for the development of small C/C++ projects. I had fldev working on DSL and I liked it a lot. (I wanted to post an extension back then but my old PC died during last summer)
* fluid - I think there was even a small change in fldev archive that made it possible to optionally integrate it with fldev

I think the ^thehatsrule^ has a good point when he notes that compiling and developing your own stuff are different activities. If fluid/fldev is too IDE-ish or developer centric compared to the compile tools, then I can make a separate IDE extension for those. Let me know what you think!

Offline mikshaw

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
I agree with the hats.

While it might be convenient to have a package that provides everything for everyone, i don't think it's the best idea.  Including commonly used headers should be sufficient, and anything more should be made available as separate extensions to be used as needed.