Off-Topic > SCM EXtensions

gtk2.scm is not downloaded while downloading audacity2, if gtk2.tcz is installed

(1/3) > >>

jls:
 :'(

roberts:
Not a bug. It is by design that scm know about tczs and therefore not load duplicates. Tczs do not know about scms.
You should raise the issue about the missing library in the extension area.

jls:
I though scm where indipendent from tcz, anyway audacity doesn't start couse it's looking for  libtiff.so.5 which is in gtk2.scm,
The fact is that if I manually download and install gtk2.scm audacity starts.

Jason W:
I also thought that scms were independent from installed tczs, as we had removed tcz dependencies out of the scm dep files, so scm and tcz interchangeability was not being tested.  In this case adding libtiff.so.5 to the scms that were built against gtk2.scm should let them operate with gtk2.tcz installed.  Or tiff and its development files can be updated in the repo while adding the existing tiff libs as a dep extension of all that needs it. 

But with things built against a python or will often have it's shebangs in scripts pointing to the installed python or perl, if the scm is installed it would be /apps/bin/python or /apps/bin/perl.  Interoperability there will not be so simple, though some scripts use "/usr/bin/env python". 

I will stop and ponder a solution.

roberts:
It is the dependencies that are involved here. The test during dependency processing of an scm was seeing if such dependency was already satisfied by way of an installed tcz. Jason, if you wish that portion of  test to be removed I will gladly do it. It is at line 142 of scm-load

--- Code: ---if [ ! -f /usr/local/tce.installed/"$PKGNAME" ] && [ ! -d /apps/"$PKGNAME" ]; then

--- End code ---

Perhaps some pre-testing to ensure that it will not break other scms and their dependencies.
I await your response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version