WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: X programming for TCL  (Read 2481 times)

Offline ananix

X programming for TCL
« on: September 07, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »
Hello i would like to try and make X programs like the ones supplied with TLC, besides programming for X can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline AbNoRMiS

• nothing can be impeccable in this imperfect world
    • @ß№®M!$
Basic Design Concept © @ß№®M!$
please forgive my terrible english :)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: X programming for TCL
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »
Hi ananix
I'm presuming you don't want to program directly in X, since X natively only lets you create windows, and you
have to write all the code for creating buttons, sliders, etc. yourself. The applications that come with Tinycore
base are written using a graphics toolkit, in this case, fltk. The first thing you will need to decide is which
language you wish to write in, as that will dictate which toolkits you can use.

Offline ananix

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »
thanks guys, no i dont wanna program in X :) but for x and i just meant exactly what you guys gave me and not the "programming for X server" i get that whole thing.
Im going for C as i was schooled for that and have done quite abit in it and still do hardware programming in it.
Im use to write everything by hand but was hoping for some sort of semi gui for making interfaces like buttons and windows, i once used one for making ms windows programs many years ago, but besides that i have done alot of system programming not needing GUI interfaces. After tons of web programming which is an easy way to make interfaces i have started to use PHP for everything including system programming. Also because 90% of my programming work the past 15years have been related to internet services.

But once again thanks guys :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:06:33 AM by ananix »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
Hi ananix
A lot of the toolkits lack C bindings, including fltk and Qt. Gtk is written in C. EFL might be worth taking a look at to
see if it meets your needs.