WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Link a picture viewer to emelfm also  (Read 2462 times)

Offline meo

Link a picture viewer to emelfm also
« on: May 03, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »
Hi Jason!

I tested the new emelfm2 and the picture viewer works fine. There are some issues though. I can't delete files from inside it. I just get an errormessage. My preference is the old emelfm and it would be very nice if you could add the same picture viewer to that too. I'm trying to stay low in RAM-usage in this environment since it is for compiling. Thanks beforehands! Also thank you for all the apps you have made for Tiny Core. It's really a dream for us with old computers. Mine is an eight year old laptop. Old but I like it and it's still going strong.

Have fun making applications for TC,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Link a picture viewer to emelfm also
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:01:11 PM »
Hi Meo.  I will check on the file deletion issue when I get home tonight.  I will also compare ram use between the two.  It is important to delete your old emelfm2 config as it is not compatible with this one.  I believe the file is ~/.config/emelfm2, I am on Windows at work and double check though.

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
Hi again!

Thanks a lot for your effort!
It's very nice of you to check it out. Let me know what you find out.

Have fun.
meo

PS In either case I prefer emelfm over emelfm2 DS
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »
Hi again Meo!
I personally found that the new version of emelfm2 is faster at loading large directory contents compared with the previous version.  So that would do better for me on older machines.  But please anyone report if they see a negative impact with the new version.

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:03:37 AM »
Hi Jason!

Maybe there has been a little misunderstanding about my post. I was referring to emelfm1 when I wanted a picture viewer to emelfm. I prefer that one because of it's clean looks and it is also easier for me to see the files etc. I have a quite poor eyesight. Hope this clearifies possible misunderstandings. You are doing a very good work. Keep on with it!

Have fun,
meo