WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Assistance with Creating New Python Add-on Extension  (Read 4064 times)

Offline KHarvey

Assistance with Creating New Python Add-on Extension
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
I am attempting to create an extension for the MySQL Connector https://launchpad.net/myconnpy
But it is slightly different than a make install as it is using a Python Install instead, so I am not sure how to do this.

I did the whole touch /tmp/mark and then ran the python setup.py install and I captured a list of all the files.  It appears the install just copies all of the files into /usr/local/lib/python2.7/  The install script does do some other setup it appears, but I believe that setup is just done on the files it is copying before it copies them.
So I am not sure if I am supposed to tar up all of the files, then untar them to do the mksquashfs?  Or if there is something else I am supposed to do.
If I do tar, untar, and mksquashfs, when I create the extension will it actually copy the files to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/ ?
Is it okay to create extensions from Python installs or should I only do make installs?  Would it be better to just add these 86 files to my .filetool.lst?

Offline KHarvey

Re: Assistance with Creating New Python Add-on Extension
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:32:05 PM »
Okay, so I just ended up trying this and it actually works.  I guess it would have been quicker for me to test it then to task for help.

So to answer my own questions:
Yes I just tar up all of the files and do the mksquashfs.
When I create the extension it does copy the files to the proper location.
I haven't a clue whether I should build this extension or not, but I did and I will submit it for approval.

Also, does anyone know what happened to bcrypt?  I would like to get this submitted, but bcrypt.tcz appears to be missing from the repo.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
Hi KHarvey
I don't see it in the repository either. I think it may be part of Tinycore base.
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~/msrbcusips/graphdata$ ls -l `which bcrypt`
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14836 Jun  3  2010 /usr/bin/bcrypt
There's no link pointing to /tmp/tcloop

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »
My impression is that there is a need for bcrypt to be in base so "protect" boot code can work ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)