WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Integration with Win7 Virtual PC.  (Read 5004 times)

Offline [XAP]Bob

Integration with Win7 Virtual PC.
« on: August 20, 2012, 04:27:53 AM »
I have a Win7 (64bit) laptop at the office, and frequently want to grab a quick linux system -TC as a VM seems like a good option, fast, small, featured...

The Windows 7 Virtual PC works well for my XP requirements (16 bit gaming), but it sucks for TC.  Not that TC is bad on it, but the "return the focus to the host OS" button is non configurable and is intercepted by my graphics driver as "turn the screen round".

I'd therefore like to use the integration features of virtual PC (and would rather use this than virtual box just to save on the number of types of VM I use) to allow me to use the OS as "just another window", as I do with XP.

Does anyone else use TC like this?
Any pointers to the wiki where I've missed the obvious?

Bob

Offline coreplayer2

Re: Integration with Win7 Virtual PC.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »
I use WIn7x64 for all my working hosts, running VirtualBox with multiple TinyCore VM's.  I never use the integrations or additions, instead the VM's are setup to switch between VM and Host with the right Ctrl key only

obviously some sanitizing gone on here..   

Any deployed toolkits have their roots here in one of these VM's    Most these VM's are sync'd via dropbox and duplicated on all PC's I work on.  Remasters are tested first on the ISO test VM shown above before testing on USB thumb drives.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:22:01 PM by coreplayer2 »

Offline [XAP]Bob

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »
But without the ability to configure the key combination for either VirtualPC or my gfx options getting out of VPC is a pain.

And frankly I'd rather do without another virtualisation product...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
Well, then you could ask Microsoft nicely to add that configuration option ;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
And frankly I'd rather do without another virtualisation product...

Nothing more simple... Core provides for bare metal boot ;)
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
But without the ability to configure the key combination for either VirtualPC or my gfx options getting out of VPC is a pain.

Sorry i don't understand, am sure there was an option to configure and escape from VPC ...  (at least I thought there was, but IMO VPC is not as versatile as other products) VMware, VirtualBox and Qemu are all in constant development unlike VPC..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:23:38 PM by coreplayer2 »