WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Really quick (I think) question re including TCEs [solved]  (Read 3292 times)

Offline cg

Really quick (I think) question re including TCEs [solved]
« on: August 09, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
Hi all.  I'm trying to make a remastered .iso, and have been mostly successful except that - despite my telling it to go into the initrd - bash refuses to copy over.  This is a problem, as I've got some scripts that require bash to run correctly.  What am I doing wrong?  If I push the .tcz into the iso with ISOMaster, will that fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:57:03 AM by cg »

Offline tinypoodle

Re: Really quick (I think) question re including TCEs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
Your phrasing is extremely vague...

Have you included and loaded all dependencies recursively?
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline cg

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:06:24 AM »
I go into the EZRemaster app, and on the "load extensions" panel I click the button that loads everything into "Extract TCZ into initrd", and select "Add TCZ startup scripts  bootlocal.sh".  This is the first method of remastering that I've found that includes and runs my scripts and most of the apps.  I then remove EZRemaster and ISOMaster from the list, since they're not necessary for the CD.  Everything else (which should include the dependencies, right?), I leave alone.

Sorry for the ambiguity; hope this helps!

Offline cg

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
I may have solved the problem by adding "bash.tcz" to "inside initrd", "outside initrd", and "extract", and changing the reference in my scripts from "/bin/bash" to "/usr/local/bin/bash".  I'm going to burn a copy of the new .iso, and will update the topic title if this is, in fact, fixed.