WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: eCore: TinyCoreLinux remaster including Enlightenment (DR17) Desktop Manager.  (Read 6300 times)

Offline jls

Title:
   eCore

Description:
   TinyCoreLinux remaster including Enlightenment (DR17) Desktop Manager.

eCore it has been renamed Core17 again

Since I was already warned , this thead is locked, so post any comment on one of the links here listed

Links:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:44:56 AM by jls_legalize »
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

Re: eCore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »
    The entrance login manager doesn't save the first time inputted password since you can put random passwords after each login and still get in. So its not really a secure login manager in other words. Also not sure what went wrong with the display drivers you had put together since your very first version of Core17 which was working perfect, but all other versions there were either freezes or lockups, and now it just seems that the fresh rate is so impacted by not running the correct drivers that everything just runs really choppy. I have sent you a pm regarding this matter. Other then that everything else is running great along with the new features you have implemented into this latest release, thanks in advance.

Offline jls

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »
Hi linuxuser01 and the others readers
I'm uploading the isos with the accelerated drivers.
If you report which version was the one which worked better for you I can investigate.
Concerning entrance login manager, since by default tc has no password, anything you enter it's ok.
If you want it's possible to boot with a different user passing user=linuxuser01 for example as boot parameter. In that case there will be a password which is defaulted to tcuser.
Thanks again for trying my remixes
dCore user

Offline jls

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:53:35 AM »
Uploading Xvesa versions too
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
         Okay, i just gave your eCore3D a shot and first boot it landed me with a freezing desktop before getting to the splash screen, and on the second boot it gave me some rendering errors and just froze on a black screen before even trying to load the desktop. The best version that i'm still using is your Core17 1.0. Thanks for clarifying that up with me regarding the login manager.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »
Please read the rules here: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,5543.0.html
Remix authors must supply support on their own sites.

Offline jls

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
dCore user

Offline jls

new version: 1.4

NB topic locked
dCore user

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
core2usb version 1.5 now supports USB installation of eCore remix ISO's.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."