WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Core17: TinyCoreLinux remaster including Enlightenment (DR17) Desktop Manager.  (Read 20549 times)

Offline jls

Title:
   Core17

Description:
   TinyCoreLinux remasters including Enlightenment (DR17) Desktop Manager.

Links:jlslegalize@gmail.com

PS It's eCore renamed back.

Since I was already warned , this thead is locked, so post any comment on one of the links above
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:29:58 AM by jls_legalize »
dCore user

Offline AbNoRMiS

• nothing can be impeccable in this imperfect world
    • @ß№®M!$
Re: Core17
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 07:47:58 AM »
i necessarily will try it
core17wifi.iso
many thanks :)
Basic Design Concept © @ß№®M!$
please forgive my terrible english :)

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
jls_legalize,
 Thank you very much for uploading this on here. I have already installed it on my flash drive and it looks really good. I have notice a few strange things i.e: The wallpaper menu scroll is alittle buggy. While changing settings in the blanking menu of the screen settings, the monitor suddenly wants to go into sleep mode. While browsing the web i get sudden screen flashes. When i try to minimize a maximized application (browser) it still remains on my screen unless i click the minimize button again, then when i try to reopen that application (browser) in the bottom menu bar it won't open unless i right click the mouse anywhere on the desktop. Plus when i click the left mouse button on the desktop to get the menu i get a sudden screen flash. That is what i have noticed so far....

I have these Drivers/Application installed:
OSS.tcz (DownloadOnly)
FireFox.tcz (DownloadOnly)
GetFlash11.tcz (OnBoot)
xf86-video-ati.tcz (OnBoot) <--- Was done in console with tce-load -wi command

UPDATE: Well, not sure from which part of my problem the ones in bold above started but they seem to not be doing it anymore. Not sure if it was from changing the bar menu on the desktop into invincible or it was trying to change a setting in the blanking menu of the screen options.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:58:27 PM by LinuxUser01 »

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
LinuxUser01:
Why would you have GetFlash11.tcz onboot?
You run it once and it creates a flash.tcz.
Make that onboot.

Offline jls

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »
jls_legalize,
 Thank you very much for uploading this on here.
You are welcome.
enlightenment is under heavy development.
you can read/post bugs here:
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/report

PS. I've updated the isos adding  Xorg-7.6-3d, xf86-video-all, ecomorph & libasound
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
@gerald_clark
 This is what i have been doing since i started using Tiny Core several months ago and it works. When i stated OnBoot, i meant when downloading it off the Apps browser from the destro. Besides that automatically puts a flash11.tcz in the boot items anyways since i just check On Boot Items in Apps/Maintenance/On Boot Maintenance.

@jls_legalize
 Thank you again for the information regarding where to post bugs, since i have noticed some more, mplayer won't run from clicking it from the desktop menu "Application run error- mplayer failed to start". Also the mixer will give you an error since it cannot find a particular file called libasound something something, so i just unban it. Plus i'm not sure why my display doesn't allow OpenGL, so i just don't set that up from the beginning anymore.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:03:23 PM by LinuxUser01 »

Offline jls

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
@jls_legalize
mplayer won't run from clicking it from the desktop menu "Application run error- mplayer failed to start". Also the mixer will give you an error since it cannot find a particular file called libasound something something, so i just unban it. Plus i'm not sure why my display doesn't allow OpenGL, so i just don't set that up from the beginning anymore.
There is no mplayer in the iso, it's the "e"wizard who makes that menu entry, I've opened a ticket about that:http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/ticket/1228
I've added libasound.tcz in the current iso which is laready online.
I've also added the Xorg-7.6-3d.tcz & xf86-video-all.tcz for the Opengl (this depends on your video card and on luck, as you can read in the Xorg-7.6-3d info it's written that for some cards 7.5 is better).

Notice: this remaster is not a real (hacked) remaster, infact core.gz is untouched
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
     Yes, i have noticed the changes you have made when i first looked at the Core17.iso size compared to the one you posted yesterday while typing my previous post; the added Xorg-7.6-3d, xf86-video-all, ecomorph & libasound was a great help, thank you. It no longer gives me that error regarding the mixer, nor the openGL issues. So the screen resolution automatically adjusts to 1920x1080 compared to the lower resolution it had before. Let me reboot since i have noticed a new error message popping up that i have never seen before....

UPDATE: Okay, this is what i noticed after a reboot, "Compositor Error - Another compositor is already running on your screen." and i just need to click ok for it to disappear.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:03:50 PM by LinuxUser01 »

Offline jls

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 12:46:53 AM »
UPDATE: Okay, this is what i noticed after a reboot, "Compositor Error - Another compositor is already running on your screen." and i just need to click ok for it to disappear.
That's maybe because e17 is launched through ecomp/ecomorph, if this gives problems, better to put it ondemand and not onboot on next release.
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
     Well, i tried putting ecomorph.tcz into OnDemand from OnBoot and that didn't help. So i tried unloading the Composite Manager from the Module Settings and that did the trick. By the way after switching ecomorph.tcz from OnBoot to OnDemand and coming back from a reboot the screen was corrupted each time i would click somewhere. Anyhow i am very happy with this Core17.iso that you have uploaded and have also revised recently, and i hope they do fix the bugs because there are so many of them that i have noticed. Thanks and hope to see you around the forums.

Offline jls

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
I made a new version, with new "e", I've removed ecomorph, and core is 4.6rc1
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 01:02:02 AM »
            Thank you again for your work, jls_legalize. I've tried overwriting the core.gz and vmlinuz while doing a check update in the Apps Browser, but could not get Xprogs.tcz to update, but instead i got  "Error Could not verify ephysics.tcz" and "Error Could not verify terminology.tcz" which usually comes up when i try to run the update anyways. So i tried just downloading the Xprogs.tcz from the release candidates location and overwriting it into my TCE/Optional folder and that did the trick to get the mirrorpicker GUI working along with the other updates Roberts has put together in the 4.6rc1. Now what do you mean "with new "e"? I've reinstalled Core17.iso 1.0 version three times and from the previous installation that Ecomorph wasn't present, even with the third installation (Running now) i still don't notice Ecomorph being present, but it is still in the OnBoot. I've checked it out by going into Module Settings/System and it hasn't been loaded, which is fine by me. Thank you again...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:10:30 AM by LinuxUser01 »

Offline jls

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 01:21:20 AM »
new e means that most of the enlightenment extensions are updated.
ephysics and terminology are not yet on the tc repo because I'm waiting for the soon coming efl 1.7.
Xprogs included should be 4.6rc1.
I removed ecomorph because u reported the composite error, but if that doesn't gives problems I can reintroduce it.
If u wanted to try ecomorph u had to enable it's module
dCore user

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
   Okay, i'm not sure how this Enlightenment windows manager updates itself, but from glancing at the bottom right portion of the screen during startup i see ver. 0.16.999.0. Now regarding Ecomorph, don't worry about it, its fine with the decision you've made in the 1.1 version. What's the difference with terminology compared to terminal since they both look the same just with a different interface. I'm not sure what ephysics really is, but i really don't mind that the Apps Browser is giving me errors when i try to run the update, but go ahead and wait until efl 1.7 comes out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:00:24 AM by LinuxUser01 »

Offline LinuxUser01

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »
   Well, i just installed the 1.1 version on to my flash drive and when i first came into the desktop after the initial setup the screen was corrupted. So i downloaded ecomorph.tcz and libsndfile.tcz OnBoot from the Apps Browser, but it seems as if the Composite Manager has some issues with ecomorph running after trying to load it since it literally crashed the os. I had to CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE out and reboot from there since the Reboot options didn't work anymore. So now they are OnBoot but not loaded and the screen is fine now. Its got to be an issue with the Enlightenment (DR17) Desktop Manager just being buggy, i don't know.