Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Extracting X extensions into base

<< < (3/3)

ixbrian:
In my experience and testing some extensions require that everything is extracted in the correct order based on the dependencies (ezremaster will extract them in the same order as Tiny Core would have loaded them)

Take a look at the ezremaster "remaster.sh" script to see how it handles extracting tcz's and handles the startup scripts.   Maybe you can modify this to fit your needs?

nim108:

--- Quote from: ixbrian on July 11, 2012, 08:56:17 PM ---In my experience and testing some extensions require that everything is extracted in the correct order based on the dependencies (ezremaster will extract them in the same order as Tiny Core would have loaded them)

Take a look at the ezremaster "remaster.sh" script to see how it handles extracting tcz's and handles the startup scripts.   Maybe you can modify this to fit your needs?

--- End quote ---
Thanks ixbrian. I know you've done extensive work on ezremaster and appreciate your efforts on this. It will probably be difficult to sift through the complexity of ezremaster and how it handles tcz's and startup scripts, but at least that is a good starting point. If I can't get it working, then I will simply load them as tcz's I guess, which I did not want to do since this is an embedded system and I wanted the most static method (extracting extensions into the initrd) and fastest boot up time possible.

curaga, that is good to know about extensions not overwriting files, this will help, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version