WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Request for Opera-9  (Read 2484 times)

Offline SamK

Request for Opera-9
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:58:25 AM »
It is still very useful, being the fastest and most lightweight of the full-featured browsers.  The tcz is a single file (no deps) so here's hoping that an scm will be uncomplicated exercise.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Request for Opera-9
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:30:17 AM »
I will look at this tonight.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Done

Offline SamK

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16:19 AM »
Thanks for this.  Both this and the gentoo-gtk1posts were made using opera9.scm.

One obvious matter to feedback which is probably best illustrated in the attached screen shots.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
I see the icon thing with jwm, though Icewm and I am sure the others make use of the internal icon spec, which if I recall jwm does not, but rather depends on an icon that shares the same name as the app or process. 

The problem we will run into when renaming icons to match the process name is that it takes our freedom away from being able to name extensions as we please and use the extension name for the name of the icon so different extensions do not have file conflicts.  We would have to use the icon name "opera.png" for every opera extension, and since we have several versions, that will result in file conflicts.  And I would rather stick to the principle of having no file conflicts.

And, yes, using Icewm alleviates this issue.  :-)

Thanks for the testing and feedback, and I wished there was a way to support jwm without compromising on more basic principles.