Tiny Core Base > TCB Tips & Tricks

Install Xorg after Xvesa

<< < (2/5) > >>

bmarkus:
Most probably you need xf86-video-xxx.tcz installed where xxx is your video card name. Check repository.

rmarion36:
It's a VIAChrome9 HC3 chipset. I don't find VIA driver package in the TCZ repo.

Do you think if the the X86-video-all package can help me ?

In an other post I read a guy who was able to solve the problem (VIAchrome) with Xf86-unichrome driver. I was not able to find this driver package in the repo.
If this package is not in the repo like a TCZ file, do you know how it's possible to include in Tinycore a Linux driver ?

Thanks.

Rémy

tinypoodle:
or openchrome

Rich:
Hi rmarion36
Depending on which version of Xorg you are running
The  Xorg-7.5.tcz  extension includes  /usr/local/lib/X11/modules/drivers/unichrome_drv.so
The  Xorg-7.6-3d.tcz  extension includes  usr/local/lib/X11/modules/dri/unichrome_dri.so

rmarion36:
I tried XORG-7.6-3D without success.

But I found xf86-video-openchrome package. With this package, the screen tried 2 ou 3 times to find an adjustment. Without success (the screen stays black after the trials) but it's better !!! It's clearly a problem of driver.

As tinycore is launched by default in graphical mode, my Tinycore is now always blocked. Do you know if it's possible to stop the graphical mode launch and go to the prompt ?

I will try to install these different TCZ files by using tce-load and not by direct copy and by hand modification of onboot.lst !!!

Thanks.

Rémy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version