WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Reg. TCE packaging  (Read 13162 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Reg. TCE packaging
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »
The PPI is basically the installation you are mentioning.  It does not require reloading extensions with each boot.  Not all extensions support this at this time, though it is in the works to have as many as possible.  Essentially this method is a partial hard drive installation.  The compile tools will most surely always be installed into the base system because of their close relationship to the libs that are in the base.  Therefore they would be the few extensions that would have to be loaded with each boot.

Offline mikshaw

Re: Reg. TCE packaging
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »
I was thinking of this while posting, but wasn't sure if PPI was what I was thinking it was.

As for the compile extension, I have no issue with loading it while I get my system set up....after that I can move it to optional or elsewhere and just load it manually when I want to build something new.

My main concern is with my harddrive setup.  As I'd mentioned before, all of my persistent data is stored on a reiser partition.  At this point I haven't looked into tc-config enough to learn whether a ppi and/or persistent home can be used on reiser unless  I put the reiserfs module (currently being loaded from filesystems-2.6.26.tczm) into a remastered tinycore.  I'll get to this in time, but I've just been fooling around so far.