WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Need some clarification  (Read 4104 times)

Offline H-H-H

Need some clarification
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
Hi Guys

Firstly may i take this opertunity to say a great big THANK YOU to Roberts and the team for Tiny Core with wich I have resurected many an old laptop.

Secondly I would like some clarification on something before i upset people or otherwise cause bother.

I am an avid user of an opensource version of Second Life and I have set up many a Windows and Linux server (which is a pian sometimes).

I would like to make a distro based of Tiny Core which would enable people to just insert the cd and then install to hard drive wherupon everything is allready set up and just works.

This  isnt exactly hard to do but i need clarification on if I am able to use Tiny Core in this way.

I am led to belive that aslong as i have all sources available to my users and I dont use the name Tiny Core i would not be violating the GPL.

I would also be of course providing plenty of praise and links to Tiny Core.

If I have missed any terms that I am required to follow to comply with the GPL then please say so.

Once again THANKS for the great distro that is TINY CORE ;D

Chris

Linux is what you make it! And with Linux you can make it what you want :)

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Need some clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »
With your acknowledgement of the GPL license, this sounds fine to me.
Glad to hear that you are choosing Tiny Core. Best of Luck on your remaster!
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
Hi H-H-H
Welcome to the forum. There are a few things I'd like to mention, though you may already be aware of them.
To make the sources available you have to for example host them on your web site or include them on your CD, you
can't just provide a link back to the Tinycore sources. While I'm sure that links that acknowledge that your distro is based
on Tinycore would be appreciated, I would also like to suggest that you make it clear to your users that support for your
distro is available from your site and not the Tinycore site.
Best of luck on your endeavor.

Offline H-H-H

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:51:24 AM »
Many thanks to both Roberts and Rich and may I wish Tiny Core all the best for the future to.  :)
Linux is what you make it! And with Linux you can make it what you want :)