WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Can you implement a sort of Script Wiki access for tinycore?  (Read 7363 times)

Offline mofosyne

Re: Can you implement a sort of Script Wiki access for tinycore?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 04:00:19 AM »
I guess it functions more like getflash11, except it reads parses pages from a wiki, and extract the script from there to execute.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
Hi mofosyne
Personally, parsing a Wikis page content to retrieve script content sounds like an awkward and inefficient form of
file I/O to me. That aside, it sounds like it could be a wonderful source of mayhem. You now have a situation where
someone could simply sign up as a forum member, go straight to the Wiki, and alter a script to do their bidding, no
questions ask.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
Yes, sounds like an extremely bad idea to me too.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
I too believe that the Wiki should only be used as it is, i.e., community contributed documentation.  It is too open for code of any kind and system integrity could easiler be compromised, as aleady noted.

We aleady have inplace, and working nicely, a procedure for community code contributions where not everyone could be changing the code. In fact this smacks of trying to go around that procedure.

If the goal is more meta extensions to ease the installation of complex collection of related extensions then that would be welcomed via our normal "submit" extension procedure.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.