WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: (resolved) 2.x cut and paste still not working for scroll mice  (Read 4283 times)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
running xsetup, selecting "3 imps/2 wheel" then cut/paste no longer works. in fact even shift+ins (which is a friendly way to paste) does not work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:24:15 AM by tobiaus »

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: 2.x cut and paste still not working for scroll mice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
Does the default ("USB") work?

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
thank you, yes. in 1.x somehow i got in the habit of choosing option 3 for my usb mouse and scrolling. this is probably because i was using both ps/2 and usb mice, but i haven't used the ps/2 mouse in a while.

it worked fine in 1.x so i kept using it, but in 2.x i can scroll and cut and paste with the option you suggested. i do wonder if that ps/2 mouse will still cut and paste, but it will have to wait.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
If you care for the specifics, the default should work for both usb and ps/2 whereas the ps/2 entries uses an older (deprecated) interface.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:36 AM »
If you care for the specifics, the default should work for both usb and ps/2 whereas the ps/2 entries uses an older (deprecated) interface.

actually i put a good deal of value on such advice, thanks. i left the subject without "resolved" in the line because i wanted to see if there was any more input, but it can probably be added now.